Old 07-24-2016, 10:20 PM   #1
pslane
1st Leg of the Journey

Decreasing with DPNs
I am going to start another thread for this instead of keeping it on the pattern thread.

I have been watching lots of videos on how to change to DPNs for decreasing a hat. I hope to get the hang of it eventually. My first question is when you are done and it's time to pull the loop through with a needle, do you just slide off all of the DPNS at once and that's it?

This is the best video yet.
When I watch this one, I get hopeful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwXj50cRZzo

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-25-2016, 02:00 PM   #2
Becky Morgan
Turning the Heel

If you're asking what I think you are once you cut the yarn and thread through, yes, you just pull the needles out and make sure the last loop is bound off and the tail is buried. Same if you're using circulars. Done is done (and it's such a glorious moment )
Old 07-28-2016, 06:00 PM   #3
GrumpyGramma
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 3,649 Times in 3,095 Posts
I take the stitches off the knitting needle one at time as I put the yarn needle through them. Or two at a time if I happen to go through two stitches at the same time. I used to try to take the end of the yarn through all the stitches before removing them from the knitting needle for fear of dropping one but that was a royal pita for me.

Cheating is an option. . . . Cheaters never win and winners never cheat, but smart knitters who want to retain an iota of sanity do, cheerfully. ~~Kory Stamper
GrumpyGramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:58 PM   #4
pslane
1st Leg of the Journey

Update on my DPN worries. I finally got the nerve to try DPN's and even though I did it wrong, I can say I did it! I managed to patch things up so that it wasn't ruined and hopefully, I will knit this hat again and get it right next time. Good thing is I got the feel of DPN's and got over my dread. Had to do some frogging but I count this as my practice piece and pretty much conquered my phobia. I march on!

Thanks to all,
Pauline
GrumpyGramma (08-07-2016)