Old 07-31-2016, 12:12 PM   #1
Gemsies
Casting On

What to do with?
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to do with a thick to thin size 6mm wool yarn (to be specific it's Colinettes One Zero in Rose Garden colourway seen here:https://www.colinette.com/categories/yarns/one-zero/ (the colourways all sold out, but you get the picture!) I got 3 balls from ebay and I sort of wanted to perhaps do the Youtube Virus Shawl (seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQ6GBjTjO8) with it, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to crochet with thick to thin yarn like this, as it's hard to undo once its shaped, plus it might not express the pattern well. Just wondered if anyone had any bright ideas with what to do with this or could tell me if it's a good/bad idea to try the shawl I mentioned??
Gemsies is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-31-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
lizzy23
Ribbing the Cuff

Lovely yarn. I would suggest doing a Ravelry pattern search for "thick and thin". It'll come up with lots of ideas for you.
lizzy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lizzy23 For This Useful Post:
Gemsies (08-04-2016)
Old 08-04-2016, 09:27 PM   #3
Gemsies
Casting On

Thanks for replying Lizzy, your right Ravelry is great and I've just joined and put photos of my projects up. It's great to look up a particular yarn and see how it looks made up, but photos never do really do justice to knitting or crochet work I've found, I know personally, my blankets are so much brighter, and you can't see the lovely thickness to them in a photo, but you get a general idea
Thankyou for your time!
Gemsies is offline   Reply With Quote