Old 01-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #1011
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Welcome, Kirsty! It amazes me that the knitting craze hasn't caught on in your part of the world. Frankly, I thought that's where it all started, but I guess it's really much further north of you, eh?

Well, we're glad you're here! Post pictures!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 PM   #1012
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Hello, from the other side of the pond!! We actually have a kind of international membership, with some members in Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, and other places I can't recall right now

And the shipping might be a little crazy, but look into catalogs for a lot of your yarns...

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 12:21 AM   #1013
lmc
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to lmc
Checking in
Hi, I've been talking on a blog with some of the wonderful women here, and got help on a help page that got me to the videos...I learned how to attach a photo of my first work today...I haven't done a lot of knitting, been at it teaching myself for maybe four months now. There is so much on this site I think I'll age many years before I can read or get to it all. I am so appreciative of finding it. Not only am I learning more knitting skills but also learned what a Blog is! Welcome to the twenty first century right? I might even write 100 things about myself. Since I've been around a lot longer than most of whom I've seen here so far that probably won't be too hard to do! Again this is so much fun. I am presently wearing a 75% wool scarf in garter stitch I need one more skein to make as long as I want it to be. It looks very cool. Textured yarn in multicolors with thin strand of gold running through looks very artzy. Am starting a second scarf in blues for our grandbabies' nanny, who is my newest friend she wants it trimmed in fun fur because I made one like it for my one year old granddaughter! My other knitting projects finished are three sweaters in cotton yarns for twin grandchildren and one tiny 0-3 mo size sweater for a new baby cousin to be. Came out sweet. If not the most professionally looking piece of work...not there yet...but the babies don't complain!
lmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 08:35 AM   #1014
Angelia

Welcome!! Welcome!!
Old 01-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #1015
butterflymama
Knitting the Flap

Hello! I just thought I would introduce myself since I know I will have lots of questions in the future. I learned to knit as a little girl but never really got serious until recently. I found this site when I was trying to remember how to do a few things. I am doing simple things like scarves, dishclothes, hats and soon to be socks and bags and sweaters.

Anyway, look forward to learning lots here. :D
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #1016
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Welcome!!! we like questions so ask away....

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:16 PM   #1017
lmc
1st Leg of the Journey

Welcome Butterflymama...sounds like you are off to a riproaring start. :XX: I can't believe how much knitting I am seeing since I started just a few months ago myself. Friday I saw a woman watching her child in a park standing up and knitting...later I saw the same woman pouring over knitting books with another woman at the park, yesterday I was with a group of people and four of them admitted to having started up knitting again and one beginner is a seven year old child! I am seeing it everywhere. Today I will attend a knitting group that meets once a month at our local downtown bakery for two hours to knit and chat. Last night I knit for six hours on a scarf I am determined to finish before the group meeting today! :XX: :XX: :XX:
Old 01-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #1018
butterflymama
Knitting the Flap

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am becomming slightly addicted! My husband wants to learn to crochet so I think the disease is spreading.
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #1019
lmc
1st Leg of the Journey

:rofling: love it! See its everywhere. Cute story in the Lions Brand newsletter today if you get it (for free download) about a grumpy old man who knit in the Korean war and as a child during the depression.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:58 PM   #1020
Bunnyblossom
Casting On

Pulling up a chair and reading til my eyes hurt!

I'm a soaper, whose business is currently shut down due to Hurricane Rita. Have been oogling Silver's stuff on the soaper board I frequent, and decided it's trime to try! Am downloading the casting on video now (dial up is just horrible!) and am going to try for a small scarf, or a pot holder, or whatever it turns out to be!!! I picked up a few how to books at Wal Mart, and I'm so totally lost, those pics have to skip steps, because when I do exactly what it says, it just doesn't look like the pic!

OMG I'm so excited! Hurry up download!!!
Bunnyblossom is offline   Reply With Quote