Old 01-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #1021
zara
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello I'm new to this Forum. I joined this one cos it was better than the british one. I just wanted to say hello to everyone. :D
zara is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-17-2006, 10:59 AM   #1022
Nomad
Ribbing the Cuff

I've been posting a while but never formally introduced myself - sorry

I'm British - brought up in south-east England but I've spent the last 9.5 yrs moving with my career. So I've also lived in north-east England, London, Dubai, Paris, Maryland, Tennessee, Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan... and I'm now in Ukraine.

Um, yeah, hence the username

Working as I do in construction, my colleagues think the sight of me knitting is laugh-inducing, but I don't care! It's also been an excellent way to ingore the temptations of smoking since everyone here smokes & I'm an ex-smoker.

This site is fab - I don't know what I'd do without it for advice & information :D
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:33 AM   #1023
Angelia

Welcome!

What do you do (if you don't mind my asking) that makes you move so much and to such diverse places? (Tennessee and the Ukraine--that combo cracks me up!)
Old 01-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #1024
Nomad
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by Angelia
Welcome!

What do you do (if you don't mind my asking) that makes you move so much and to such diverse places? (Tennessee and the Ukraine--that combo cracks me up!)
I'm a contracts administrator for a huge construction company - we build 'mega projects': power plants, airports, gas refineries etc.

Actually TN & Ukraine are 2 of the most similar places - in both I live(d) in small towns where most people are associated with the local nuclear plant... and the social life revolves around the bar or the church. Oh, and I couldn't/can't understand the language in either place!
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:45 PM   #1025
Angelia

Good one!
Old 01-17-2006, 03:18 PM   #1026
bronnyd
Casting On

this site rocks
hi ~ i just found this site a couple days ago and introduced myself in Amy's blog, thinking it was the general forum. It was way too long (my intro). Just want to say, what a great site this is! It's really a great resource, esp. for beginningish knitters like me. Lots of great suggestions on this forum too. it's just GREAT. have a great day. :rollseyes:

i'm not being sarcastic, just realized my word for the day is great.
bronnyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #1027
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome, everyone!!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #1028
Doll Face
Casting On

Hello! My name is Tanya, I'm 25, and from Chicago. I've been knitting a little less than a year now and it's the first activity I've picked up that I've actually stuck with.

I learned how to cast on and make the knit stitch from a friend, but everything else I learned on my own, mostly with the help of the videos on this website. I don't know how what I would have done with them! I've also been so inspired by other people's projects here.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself.

-Tanya
Doll Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 11:34 PM   #1029
lmc
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to lmc
Welcome to all the newbes. It's fun to see I am already a "regular" after less than one month here! LOL I check in here nightly/morningly/daily since finding YOU. It's a wonderful new group to be a part of...knitting, chatting, sharing...dogs, cats, lives. So glad I found YOU.
lmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 03:40 PM   #1030
Kathy818
Casting On

:XX:

Hello, everyone. This is my very first post. Let me introduce myself.
I'm Kathy from Kansas, a wife, mom, and grandma who loves, loves, loves to knit.

I've been knitting for over 30 years, but have only just recently discovered all the internet has to offer in patterns, instructions and, now, a forum for friendship and support.

Every year, I attempt something new, in order to push my craft. This year, I've discovered socks. What fun I'm having -- I had no idea how quick and easy socks are. And what satisfaction!

My past favorites have been baby items for the my grandchildren: Amber is 11, Austin is 7, Laynie is 18 months, and our newest is due any day now, gender unknown! I've done lots of baby sweaters, blankets, scarves, hats, a couple of ponchos and, now, socks!

I look forward to sharing with you.