Old 03-15-2005, 01:33 AM   #101
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin
Si vous faites avec ceci un endroit où tout le monde parlent français, je devrai partir. Il est difficile de lire en ANGLAIS... et il est vraiment difficile de dactylographier les accents et tous cette merde (pour le français).

Mais, il est *plus facile* de dire des mots vilains en français !
Ce peut être un code secret !
Pour cela, je devais utiliser le traducteur en ligne !

Vous êtes correct, cependant. ..vous a dit "merde" et, rien!

Nous devons arrêter parlant le français maintenant. Ma tête blesse!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-15-2005, 01:52 AM   #102
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Bonjour! or is it Bon nuit?! okay, I'm done with my attempt at French. :rollseyes:

What the heck are you all talking about, anyway?! :?eyebrow:

Amy
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:00 AM   #103
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by amy
What the heck are you all talking about, anyway?! :?eyebrow: Amy
Well, it started with me telling Victoise that her cats are beautiful, followed by a short discussion of the name of her other cat, Paolo. She was happy that I knew some French, and I told her I know very little ("un peu"), only what I could remember from high school. Then I had to use an online translator for that last paragraph that Hildie wrote, which spoke of the difficulties of translating english and french. I told her that we had to stop speaking french now, because it's hurting my head.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:25 AM   #104
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Ha ha ha, I cheated and used the online translater too. You forgot to mention Hildie's taking the opportunity to curse, and THINKING she's gotten away with it!

(Couldn't resist the opportunity to use the "finger wag" emoticon at Hildie.) :rofling:
Old 03-15-2005, 08:24 AM   #105
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by amy
You forgot to mention Hildie's taking the opportunity to curse, and THINKING she's gotten away with it!
Merde.

:rofling:
Old 03-15-2005, 12:38 PM   #106
square
Casting On

Originally Posted by amy
Welcome amourbliss!
Hey, I realize that "amourbliss" may sound more appealing than my screen name, but am I not welcome? (I did introduce myself on the page before this one and nobody has said hi.) :(
square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:17 PM   #107
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Doh!

Welcome Square!!!!

BTW, your list & pictures of finished objects in the other thread are incredible! Nice stuff!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
— Martha Graham
Old 03-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #108
square
Casting On

Originally Posted by amy
Doh!

Welcome Square!!!!

BTW, your list & pictures of finished objects in the other thread are incredible! Nice stuff!

Amy
Yay!

Thanks.

square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:47 PM   #109
1to1
Turning the Heel

my intro
Hi! I started knitting last month after my 9yo dd :XX: started taking classes--now we take classes together at a LYS. We are having a great time learning new things. I have made many different styles of dishclothes, several easy scarves, and now an afghan.

I knit everywhere--during ds games, during dd dance, dr appt, waiting for kids after school, what a way to not waste time .

I your site Amy!!! I have learned so many things. What a great group you have here. Thanks!!!
1to1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #110
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome 1to1!

I agree, there's nothing more satisfying than getting stuff done (and knitting is also so relaxing!), while waiting in a Dr.'s office, etc.!! Sounds like you have lots of those moments, as a mom, doing all the running around moms do for their kids! ....You've hit upon a good thing!

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
— Martha Graham