Old 02-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #1101
Angelia

Welcome!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-09-2006, 10:58 AM   #1102
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
And, LadyPurlT ... don't be afraid of knitting in the round!!! It's really fun and not nearly as difficult as it sounds. You can do it!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #1103
irislise
Casting On

Hi! I've just started Knitting. A friend of mine convienced me to take lessons with her on Saturday Mornings.

In the lessons we were to make a hat and a scarf. one more lesson and I'm done the hat! I finished it yesterday. There are many mistakes but I don't care! I'm so proud.

Now I'm making a scarf for my boyfriend to try the "change colours" but couldn't wait a whole week of no knitting before I learned. I found this website and the video was a PERFECT help. I'm now on my second colour for his scarf.

So I'm a budding new knitter who seems to be hooked (and addicted to yarn)
irislise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:08 PM   #1104
hopemartin
Casting On

New to group
Hi,
I'm a new knitter and just found this place whilst doing a search for "K tbl." Come to find out that I've been doing K tbl instead of K since I started knitting last year. Yikes!

I'm a lefty and am not using a standard knitting method. Yet another thing I just found out.

Anyhoo, thought I'd just say Hi! and thanks for such a great site!
hopemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #1105
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Welcome one and all!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #1106
Angelia

Welcome!!
Old 02-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #1107
sara_jayne
2nd Sock, I Rock

Hi! My name is Sara and I had my mom teach me to knit when I was home for Christmas. I had knit some when I was little (not that mom remembers!) and wanted to start again. I discovered quickly that I need to visually see how something is done so I was at a loss with my mom not being here (sheís in NY)! I feel so lucky that I was able to find this site - Amy's videos have been such a great help (even if I do have to watch them over and over again!).

I originally was just going to knit cat snuggles for a local animal shelter, but have become addicted! I've finished a baby blanket for a friend, a few baby/preemie hats and I'm working on a scarf for my sister. Of course I have 100 other things I want to knit...pacing myself is difficult (and there isnít enough money!)! I did my first baby hat on DPNs (learned from the videos) and Iím so excited that Iíll never have to stitch another seam!

These boards have been very helpful - the knowledge is priceless and the tips have really helped me become a better knitter! My husband is thrilled that I've started knitting it means I'm calmer and not coming up with a long list of things to do for him!

Take care,
Sara
sara_jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #1108
Angelia

Welcome, Sara!

Now you can create long to-do lists for yourself!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #1109
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
Welcome everyone!!!

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:10 PM   #1110
mbknits
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi -- My name is Lee - I joined the site a few weeks ago. One of the ladies in the knitting group that I attend told me about your site. That was just a few days before I flew out to Colorado to visit my daughter -- it came in really handy b/c I taught a lady on the plane to do the knit and purl stitch!!! I also told her about your site. I have only been knitting since March 05 and just love it love it love it! I have been crocheting for about 20 + years - but only with thread. I just love all this yarn!!! I live in Myrtle Beach with my husband and 2 boyz (Bernie and Zapper - who are rat terriers). My human children are grown and both associated with the USA!! I have used this site many many times and just love it!!! :XX:
mbknits is offline   Reply With Quote