Old 02-15-2006, 08:41 PM   #1111
Angelia

Welcome, Lee!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-16-2006, 03:51 PM   #1112
Rose662
Casting On

Hello :)
Hello all

I'm new here and I am also a novice knitter. I'm 43, married, and live in NJ.

I have been a self-taught beginner crocheter for some time now (about a year) and now I am trying to learn how to knit.

I found this website knitting help.com through a google search. Very impressive site you have here, Ingrid. :D
I like the how-to videos. I'm a visual learner and they will help me a lot.

Thank you for having me here and I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone. :D
Rose662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #1113
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Re: Hello :)
Originally Posted by Rose662
Very impressive site you have here, Ingrid.
Rose -- please forgive me for laughing so hard, but it's actually Amy who put the site together. Ingrid has just developed quite a reputation for being a massively prolific poster. So, please, I'm not laughing at you, I'm just cracking up because it was bound to happen sooner or later that someone would think Ingrid, with her 10,000+ posts, was the one who started the site.

I don't know what we'd do without her, though, 'cause she's a WEALTH of information!!! She's helped just about everyone on here out of some sort of bind or another.

OK ... I've calmed down a bit now ... welcome to our little community Rose, and thank you so much for my big giggle of the day!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #1114
Angelia

Poor Ingy...
Old 02-16-2006, 08:06 PM   #1115
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,827 Posts
Amy's the queen of knitting videos and created this wonderful site.

I'm just someone who hangs out here a lot. Actually, you're not the first to assume this; someone once wrote that they had 'discovered' my secret and that I'm 'really Amy.'

There are pictures of together, if you need proof! :rofling:

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #1116
Sara
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to Sara
Old 02-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #1117
nurseratchit
Casting On

newbie knitter
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the site and I mistakenly posted my intro as a "new topic" under general knitting. Ummm, does anyone know how I can move it to the appropriate thread? Or just come say hi to me on my misplaced thread (ironically apropos!)

Christine

Haven't thought of anything clever to put here yet. :-)
nurseratchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #1118
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,827 Posts
That's not a problem AT ALL!! People do it all the time. Welcome, wherever you may be posted!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #1119
Angelia

Welcome!
Old 02-18-2006, 12:49 PM   #1120
dplantlady
Knitting the Flap

Guess I should have done this first, but...
Oh well,

When I found this site, I was so gung ho trying to find answers to my questions & such, I went to the "help" forum first.

Hi Everyone,

I'm a knitter from way back in my youth who has only recently taken up the needles again, due to the prodding of a friend of mine...anyway, she dragged me along to a LYS for classes & I thought, heck, why not, I've got alot of time right now...(as you may have guessed from my handle, I do outside work, which just ain't happenin' right at the moment...)

I was absolutely *stunned* when I began looking around at the yarns during a break in the class. Simply amazing what they're doing with yarns at this point! What absolutely *FUN* stuff!!! I want to use 'em all! When I was knitting, the most interesting stuff you could get was like mohair or variegated yarn. What a reaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyy l---o---n---g way the industry has come!

And felting...OMG...I *MUST* do many more of these projects! I made & felted a cat basket (it came out GREAT! [if I do say so myself]), and I'd love to do the clogs that folks are doing in the KAL forum, but it'll have to wait until I start working again...a bit short on the green stuff right now...

Anyway, I've "frogged" a couple of never-quite-finished projects for yarn, and I'm knitting little mats for shelter cats & preemie hats for one of our local hospitals. Getting really adventurous with patterns & techniques, trying things I've never done before. It's great fun!

Diane

:XX:

Recently Finished Projects: 2 felted mobius cat baskets, MANY Lace Washcloths, The Magic Scarf from HELL, 6 Knitted Lace XMas Balls in crochet thread, Lace XMas Ball in mohair, 4 Initialed Washcloths, 2 Lacy Soap Socks (1 knit, 1 crochet), 2 Seamless Rectangle Snuggles (one outside in, one inside out), XMas Tree Illusion Snuggle, 3 scarves for presents, Fisherman Knit Snuggle, Turkish Stitch String Bag, Wheelie Steering Wheel Cover, Moebius Cat Basket, 9 Snuggles, Preemie Hats, Sandy's (Felted) Cat Basket
dplantlady is offline   Reply With Quote