Old 02-20-2006, 02:48 AM   #1131
nurseratchit
Casting On

Quote:
Do you have a pattern for that stethoscope cover? That sounds interesting, and I bet I'd never lose my stethoscope....

I don't have a pattern...I just kind of winged it. I knitted a very long narrow rectangle and and then just sewed the edges around the stethoscope with the same yarn. Then I weaved a string of the yarn through the top around the arms so it doesn't slide down & so I can untie it to slide it off and wash it when I need too.

I had fallen in love with this yarn that I just had to have with no project in mind (I'm sure NO ONE here can relate with that :!: ) It's made by http://konabay.com/yarn/yarn5.html called Sizzling. It is ssooo soft! And it's fluffy so you don't really see the stitches and you can't tell where the seam is which I like. I think a chenille type yarn would be nice too. I'll take a picture of it and post it when I get a chance.

I hadn't had a cover for my last stethoscope and recently had noticed that I was hearing a lot of diminished lung sounds and then discovered the hole in my tubing . So, I figured I'd protect my investment a little longer this time and of course have an excuse to knit!

I am going to make one for a friend this week so I'll try to pay more attention but I'm sure you could wing it too---just let that creative child run wild! And you're right...I never lose my stethoscope now!

Haven't thought of anything clever to put here yet. :-)
nurseratchit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-20-2006, 11:29 AM   #1132
Doublereeder2
Working the Gusset

Hi . I have been lurking as a non-member for about a year, then decided to become a member last month. I have only been knitting for a little over year but absolutely love it.
I am a musician as is my husband and I teach private lessons as well as perform.
And I just joined the KH webring!!
Doublereeder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #1133
momwolf
Instepping Out

Thanked 1,136 Times in 707 Posts
Glad you finally jumped aboard , like the rest of us newbies

momwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 05:08 PM   #1134
liya
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to liya Send a message via MSN to liya Send a message via Yahoo to liya
I love tihs website
I love this website, where I'm at here in Maryland not many people knit, we have more that are only into sewing. This is a great place to get many answers for questions I've always had!

Liya
liya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 08:19 PM   #1135
ecb
Working the Gusset

Send a message via ICQ to ecb Send a message via AIM to ecb Send a message via MSN to ecb Send a message via Yahoo to ecb
New to Knitting
but I seem to be a Natural
I learned from a plastic laminated cardboard thing I found at a UPS store
Turns out the instructions showed me how to knit in the back loops, so all my Stitches were twisted
but I stuck to it enough to make a Dozen or more scarfes for Christmas / Soltace Gifts.
Then I got a Illustrated book that showed me a LOT of neat stuff
and I learned what I was doing wrong

Since then I acta]ually Knit freehand a Doll with clothes for my Kids School auction, and a Bunch of Balls and toys for kids, and created a Bunch of off the cuff patterns for myself

I am REALLY digging this

Otherwise
I am a mother of 3, and I have NO life
all my time is spent knitting, caring for my kids or my Mom
or sometimes helping a friend with her cleaning buisness, or helping the school with activeties or trips
Good judgement comes from experience
but Experience comes from Bad Judgment
ecb
ecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #1136
Angelia

Welcome!!
Old 02-21-2006, 02:54 PM   #1137
craftymom
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello, I'm new to this site. What a wonderful place. I'm a crocheter who has picked up knitting needles for the occasional eyelash scarf but have never really gotten into anything hard. I bought the Learn to Knit book by Debbie Bliss in early January and knitted the pieces for the child's sweater with the slash neck for my 4 year old daughter. I've been staring at the pieces because I couldn't figure out her instructions to put them together. I found your site because I was trying to find someone to tell me how to do that. I picke up the pieces yesterday and played with them and I think I figured it out but it's nice to have a place where you can get your questions answered. I do know that I need to learn how to do the continental method. It reminds me of crocheting. The video is awesome and it doesn't look as hard as I thought it would.

Debbie
craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #1138
vtsunflower
Casting On

A big THANK YOU from Vermont
I cannot tell you how excited I was to stumble upon this website. Your videos have been INCREDIBLY helpful. I have just started knitting and anxious to try things other that scarfs and your videos have given me the confidence to try!
Thank you again!
:XX:
vtsunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #1139
Angelia

Welcome all!!
Old 02-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #1140
April410
Ribbing the Cuff

Finally delurking....
Hi all!
After almost a year of lurking in this great forum, I thought I would finally introduce myself. I taught myself to knit from an old McCall's Knit/Crochet Encyclopedia. My mom gave it to me- it's where she learned how to knit when she was younger. I've finished a few little things- a couple of scarves, a hat, a felted Lopi tote bag and a Clapotis. I just got a huge order from Knitpicks (LOVE that place!) and I'm just starting my Clapotis #2. I don't have a digital camera yet (I know, I know, I'm behind the times) so I probably won't post a lot of pics. I usually will get my pics developed on a disc so when I do have pics, I'll be sure to share! :D
  • Clapotis #2 (on hold...ran out of yarn)
  • Lelah Top
April
Never eat more than you can lift- Miss Piggy
April410 is offline   Reply With Quote