Old 02-27-2006, 12:17 AM   #1161
seabear
Casting On

Hello, My name is Kathy and I am trying knitting again after having tried to teach it to myself about 15 years ago. Now I have a sisterinlaw and motherninlaw to help me. They live close by but not near enough to ask daily questions. Glad to find this place. Tried the videos and learned a lot.

I knitted myself a scarf and am now working on a very simple roll raglan sweater.
seabear is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 02-27-2006, 07:29 AM   #1162
Angelia

Welcome!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #1163
Hilda
Casting On

I've been lurking for a long time. I love this site - I don't know how I found it but have been using it for almost a year when I started knitting again.

Love the forum as well - I learn so much.

Beware, I'll be asking for a lot of help from you folks out there.

I'm supposed to be working right now so have to get back at it for now.

Hilda
Old 02-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #1164
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

You've been here longer than I. But WELCOME! :D

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:07 PM   #1165
Allegra's Dad
Ribbing the Cuff

:XY: :XY: :XY:

Hey there everyone!
My daughter got me hooked on this site about two weeks ago, and i visit daily.
I have been knitting for about 45 years and beleive me, there probably isn't anything I haven't knitted. Just finished an entrelac throw. Now workig on two different baby blankets for friends.
Then I have, oh, a beautiful lace tablecloth (oval) I'm doing out of silkywool, which went on the side to finish these last projects. And, I'd hate to tell you the amounts of various totally yummy yarns I have for about ten other projects.
Anyway, visit my "Guys Knit Too!" blog for some pics if you want.

Tom
Allegra's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #1166
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

Hi, Allegra's Dad!!!This guy isn't joking, he is hardcore!!! :rofling:
MsShelle, seabear ( all I can think of is that SpongeBob episode with the seabear... anyone else KWIM??), Hilda, anyone else I missed... Welcome!!! This is IMnot soHO the best knitting site on the web....

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:54 PM   #1167
seabear
Casting On

Originally Posted by punkhippiemom
MsShelle, seabear ( all I can think of is that SpongeBob episode with the seabear... anyone else KWIM??)
Ha ha! Never seen spongebob. Must watch it sometime. I live in Seattle and my cat is named Bear. That is how original I am. Sad, I know.

Kathy
seabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #1168
knitaholic
1st Leg of the Journey

Re: Hello!!
Originally Posted by knit-a-holic
I've been knitting for about a year now, and have been searching all over for websites for knitting, but haven't found one I like until I came across knittinghelp.com. I am so glad I found this website! It is a tremendous help and I can always come here if I can't find anyone that can help me. This is my knitting resource. I love all the videos and they're extremely helpful. Thank you!!! :D

Welcome to the site--I'm also a Knitaholic; I spell mine altogether, though. I love this site also, and have received answers to many questions. It really is a tremendous help.

Knitaholic
knitaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #1169
knit-a-holic
Knitting the Flap

Re: Hello!!
Originally Posted by knitaholic
Originally Posted by knit-a-holic
I've been knitting for about a year now, and have been searching all over for websites for knitting, but haven't found one I like until I came across knittinghelp.com. I am so glad I found this website! It is a tremendous help and I can always come here if I can't find anyone that can help me. This is my knitting resource. I love all the videos and they're extremely helpful. Thank you!!! :D

Welcome to the site--I'm also a Knitaholic; I spell mine altogether, though. I love this site also, and have received answers to many questions. It really is a tremendous help.

Knitaholic
Cool. Another knitaholic! :D I have found this site to be really helpful for all my knitting questions. I'm on here daily now. It's like my daily dose of the newspaper each morning. Haha. I can't wait to get to my knitting. Too bad I have class tonight. :( (Maybe I should knit in class...hmm...) :devil:
Old 03-03-2006, 07:12 PM   #1170
kellyh57
Turning the Heel

Hi. I just learned how to knit. I work at Michaels (teach cake decorating) and I've always loved the knitting instructor's work. So, I finally took her class. I only had time to figure out how to cast on, knit stitch, and bind off. So I came here and learned purling and I'm working on adding stitches and changing colors and all that fun stuff. I'm currently knitting a simple blanket for my BIL's baby due in 1 1/2 weeks! I have a "scarf" that I'm learning new things on. I doubt anyone will wear it, but I like to practice techniques before I do them for real! I learned purl on it and tried stockinette there too so it looks really silly

Anyway...I'm mostly a stay-at-home mommy to Grant (3) and Jared (1). I'm in Kansas City, MO. I'm already planning on blankets for everyone I know for Christmas gifts! I'm cheap and I hate shopping- especially for others- so I can't wait to start giving my knitted items!

Kelly
kellyh57 is offline   Reply With Quote