Old 03-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #1171
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome everyone!!

Kelly H.--If you're planning on making blankets for Christmas, start now! We all have these wonderful plans for the holidays, and somehow never quite make all the things we thought we'd have time for!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-03-2006, 09:12 PM   #1172
punkhippiemom
Instepping Out

I second that!!
One of the reasons I first took up knitting was to make gifts, but it's a lot harder than it sounds, especially blankets!!

Welcome to the forums! :D

My Patterns - so far
Last Minute Scarf,Sideways Rib Reversible Scarf, Trinity's Top, Hunter's Itty Bitty Baby Socks
punkhippiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #1173
sune42
Casting On

Well, thought I would say hello. My name is Amanda and I am pretty new to knitting, about 4 months now I guess, and I am really enjoying it. I also make soap and I am getting ready to start school. I am 25 and married, but with no kids. I am looking forward to learning here. Oh, and I can't spell and already I am a yarn whore. I my stash.
sune42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #1174
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Sounds like you'll fit right in here, then! Welcome! There are some days I think I knit just as an excuse to have the yarn!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #1175
tmsl
1st Leg of the Journey

I've been lurking for a while and started the hourglass sweater as a result of the knit-a-long thread. I have been knitting off and on for a couple of years but basically throws and scarves. I have just started looking for sweater patterns and have a few on my "to do" list. Socks are also on my list to learn and I have recently added sock yarn to my stash.

I love Amy's videos and can't thank her enough for putting this site together. It helped me over the weekend to do a SSK which seems simple now that I have done it. Watching her video while I was doing the stitch was wonderful and gave me so much confidence that I was doing it correctly.

Hope to chat with everyone, soon.

Laura
tmsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 12:47 PM   #1176
jp
Casting On

A BIG THANKS
As I try to teach myself to knit and pick up on the knitting ling, some things make no sense at all! I found this site while looking for HELP! I have gotten so much information and I love the 'how to' vidoes. Awesome site! Thanks for all your help.

JP
jp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:17 PM   #1177
nykoto
Casting On

Howdy
Hi all! I am originally a sometime crochet person. I got a How to Knit kit for Christmas and now I cannot stop! I am working on a simple stockinette st sweater and attempted socks to match! (The yarn was on sale natch) I have found that I can be captivated by reading a knitting pattern like a good book. Hope to talk to ya'll lots!
nykoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 04:38 PM   #1178
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

Hi and welcome!. That's partly how my knitting addiction got restarted...a knitting kit purchased during the holidays plus Knifty Knitter round looms and rectangular loom. The kit included plastic needles which I don't like. Haven't tried the Knifty Knitter looms, yet. Decided to learn to knit inthe round with more versatile needles. I crochet sometimes, too. Just been focused on knitting at this point.

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:47 PM   #1179
beckyrhae
Turning the Heel

I'm new to knitting and I just want to say that your site is awesome!

Its going to help so much!

I started with a loom knitting kit, but I quickly felt too constricted by it. I'm now in the quest to learn continental knitting and learning all I can. This is great! OH! I found this site thru a Boston Terrier board and a member that knitted a sweater for her bostie.
beckyrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #1180
beckyrhae
Turning the Heel

Hi! My name is Becky and I'm new to knitting. I started a few months ago with a knifty knitter loom set but it didnt take too long before I wanted to learn to knit for real.

I've bought several learn to knit books and kits and I'm having some success, but these videos are WONDERFUL!

I just want to thank you for such a great resource.
beckyrhae is offline   Reply With Quote