Old 03-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #1231
Weasley
Casting On

Hello
Hello Everyone.

I came across this site over at the Immeritus: SPEW thread, our very own knitting circle. Treeling was kind enough to share your site with the rest of us and I have been coming here ever since to use the very helpful videos and to find patterns. I have also been reading around the boards a bit and decided I had to join.

I learned to knit a couple years ago, taught by my mother-in-law, and had only knitted scarves until last week. I just finished my first non-scarf project (preemie booties and hat) and am beginning my second (the kid's poncho that is shown on the Getting Started page). Yay!

See you around the boards.
Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 03-27-2006, 12:46 PM   #1232
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
ooh, welcome to the forum, weasley. Glad to have a fellow potter-head knitter on the board!

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #1233
knitwit2
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello Everyone!!
Hi everyone,
My name is Cindy and I am a knitacholic!!! I have been addicted to this forum for about a month. What a great forum. Great job Amy!!! I have two boys, Kyle 13 and Ryan 10, a hubby John (won't give out age), a dog that is spoiled rotten, Nash and many fish. I have been knitting for about 3 years. I am currently working on my 2nd pair of socks ever and they are so fun!! I am going to start on my first toddler baby cardigan for my neighbors little girl. May need a lot of help from you guys.

Have a great day!!!

Cindy Evans :XX:

knitwit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #1234
Weasley
Casting On

Originally Posted by aylaanne
ooh, welcome to the forum, weasley. Glad to have a fellow potter-head knitter on the board!
Thanks! I am glad to be here.

I was reading through some other introductions and realized I didn't share all that much about myself. So, here is a little more.

I am 30, married with no kids, just a kitty name Joey and about 20 guppies who keep having more and more little fry. We currently live in Texas but are originally from California. We should be moving back in a couple years.*fingerscrossed* We have been here 5 years already! I am a pre-kindergarten teacher...the reason for no kids at home.

Besides knitting, I also enjoy cross-stitching and am trying to learn to crochet. I read... a lot. Aylaanne perfectly described me as a Potter-head. It is so true. I get out of the house, too, surprisingly. I am a certified SCUBA diver, I love to hike and travel wherever I can, when ever I can.

So, yeah. That's me and I really am excited to have found this site.
Weasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 PM   #1235
BettyBea
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to BettyBea

Hi all you newbies to the forum!!
Good news obviously travels fast! I can't keep
up with all the new people! I'm new here myself
and have received such wonderful feedback!

Knitters are ALL that, AND a biscuit!

On the needles?
Lacy Washcloth, Opal Socks, Cabled Pillow, Easter eggs, And a Pink Prayer Shawl! So why am I here ....
I SHOULD BE KNITTING!
BettyBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #1236
Pretentious Wombat
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to Pretentious Wombat
Happy to be here!
Hey y'all,

I'm thrilled to have found this site. I am recommending it to new knitters to help them through the great videos.

My name is Patti and I go by variations of "wombat-ness" around the internet. You'll find me as the Pretentious Wombat, the Teal Wombat, Celtic Wombat, etc. :-) I live in Georgia and have six children from age 9 thought 32. I've been knitting since I was about in the 2nd grade when my mom taught me. I also crochet and sew.

Currently, I do a lot of charity knitting for babies. I belong to Knitting4Children and, if anyone here is a member of that group, you'll know me as the Geography Queen of the Annual Knitathon.

Recently, I completed a lovely Alice Starmore sweater for my youngest daughter - something I thought would be the death of me, but I survived and am thrilled with the results. Previously, I stuck to simple projects just because the sewing intimidated me. Now, I'm happy with the results and can't wait to make another sweater - this time for my 12-year-old.

Well, I'm off to start reading all these posts whilst working on some fingerless gloves.

Pretentious Wombat
aka Patti

Got Yarn?

On the needles: Orange fingerless gloves for Kingdom Hearts costume; pink EZ baby sweater and pink baby socks for a friend's new baby

Just finished: Alice Starmore sweater for my 9 year old daughter (hooray!); yellow skinny scarf for 19 year old daughter's Kingdom Hearts costume

Reading: Shakespeare's Trollop; How to Read a Book; Self-University; The Well-Trained Mind; Medical Terminology
Pretentious Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:15 PM   #1237
BettyBea
Casting On

Wow Patti! You really ARE all that!
Busy busy! And ALL those children, no idle hands for you!
I'm so happy
to meet you! I'd love to see your finished projects - do you have pictures?
Old 03-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #1238
Pretentious Wombat
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to Pretentious Wombat
finished projects
Hey BettyBea,

I asked my 19-yr-old to take pics of the littlest one in her sweater this evening and she should be able to download them to my computer so I should have at least a pic of that. I'll try to get a few of some of the other things I've made, too. My camera is in transit from Chattanooga where a friend fixed it for me. I hope to get it back soon - I miss it.

Back to the orange gloves - I'm about halfway through the first one now. :-)

Pretentious Wombat
Patti :-)

Got Yarn?

On the needles: Orange fingerless gloves for Kingdom Hearts costume; pink EZ baby sweater and pink baby socks for a friend's new baby

Just finished: Alice Starmore sweater for my 9 year old daughter (hooray!); yellow skinny scarf for 19 year old daughter's Kingdom Hearts costume

Reading: Shakespeare's Trollop; How to Read a Book; Self-University; The Well-Trained Mind; Medical Terminology
Pretentious Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #1239
knittychrissy
Casting On

hi!
my name is christine. i joined this forum last week due to my purling disaster. i actually first found knittinghelp thanks to craftster. i began knitting a couple of weeks ago and i finally feel confident in what i'm doing. so far i've tackled casting on, knitting, purling, lace work, yarn overs and seed stitch. i think i may have forgotten how to comb my hair in the process. haha
im 28, a single-mother of 2. my daughter is 8 and my son is 6 1/2.
i live in South Bay, California and have no one to knit with me. i've taught myself by watching videos and reading whatever i can get my hands on. i basically learned to knit because my brother is having a baby and the family member who usually creates all the wonderful handmade items for the kids is now unable to do so due to well...age. i've always sewn and painted, but knitting is a whole new world to me. i appreciate the focus and patience needed for me to be able to knit. sometimes i think i could use a little more of both.
this is long. thank you to those of you who completely saved me in my purling disaster. have a great day everyone!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:47 PM   #1240
BettyBea
Casting On

Oh my goodness! You've already tried more techniques in a few weeks than I have in YEARS of knitting!!! (Too embarrassed to say HOW many years!)

Welcome to the group - from one addict, who loves being here because I don't have any friends to knit with irl ... so being on the forum makes me feel normal!

:XX:
On the needles?
Lacy Washcloth, Opal Socks, Cabled Pillow, Easter eggs, And a Pink Prayer Shawl! So why am I here ....
I SHOULD BE KNITTING!