Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 PM   #1321
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Originally Posted by Katheros
Originally Posted by Ingrid
Thank you! I made them all myself! :D
:rofling: I believe you made the cross stitch all by yourself, but the boys? :thinking:
Okay, very very very very very very little help. I did all the hard work!
And still do, probably!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-12-2006, 07:31 PM   #1322
Parthenia
Casting On

Hi everyone! I really love this site and this forum, in fact I taught myself to knit by watching these great videos.

I joined the forums a while ago, but I didn't feel like I could contribute much until I had actually knitted something. I've dome a bunch of projects since then, so here I am.
Parthenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #1323
snowbear
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to snowbear
Hi & Thanks
Hi, I discovered this site and truly enjoy it. It helps me feel better to know that it is normal to have more than one project going at a time. At the present I have 2 afgans, a sweater, a crop top & now my daughter has decided her daughter needs a cape to play dress up in. lol Such is my life as a grandmother. So.. thanks for this wonderful forum, and I look forward to lots of smiles and help along the way... :XX:
Old 05-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #1324
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Welcome Snowbear and Parthenia!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:53 PM   #1325
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,739 Times in 7,111 Posts
Originally Posted by Ingrid
Thank you! I made them all myself! :D
:rofling: I believe you made the cross stitch all by yourself, but the boys? :thinking:
Okay, very very very very very very little help. I did all the hard work!
I just saw your posts..

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 03:32 PM   #1326
Rayski
Casting On

Hi Everyone
I am new to this forum. What a FUN group!! I knitted years ago but just started again. I'm having a ball. I'm about 1/2 done with the front of a sweater, and I've made 3 rounds on my first ever socks.

I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Ray (50+ and female) from CA
:XX:
Rayski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:16 PM   #1327
scubagirl1966
Casting On

Just thought I say hello - recently joined the forum but I have been knitting a while

Currently on the needles

hmm - A colinette long coat in FireCracker yarn, a Rowan Big Wool sweater for my friends husband for Christmas, a kids cardigan - with no intended recipient , 2 pairs of socks, an Aran jacket and god knows what else is hiding under the bed !

Oh and cabled cardigan just waiting for the yummy new buttons I just got to be attached - thats really finished

I have promised no more new projects until I finish these ( that being said I made the promise before I started the socks .... )

I have yarn and plans for 2 Aran sweaters, a ribbed jacket, 2 more pair of socks, a hooded sweater in a silk ribbon yarn, a chunky sweater, 2 summer tops in a wool ribbon yarn and mohair for a few lacy scarves .... somebody stop me !!!!

I blog .... just to prove I actually finish things from time to time !

http://scubagirlsknitting.blogspot.com
scubagirl1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:55 PM   #1328
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

Hi Kate! Welcome! Where on the Eastern Shore are you? I grew up near Seaford, DE.

Hello and Welcome to all you other newbies.

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #1329
lookingglass
Casting On

oh yeah, a little about me!
I just jumped right in and started asking questions without introducing myself! How rude!

I am a knitting mom of 2. My grandmother tried to teach me to knit when I was 7 and I failed miserably. I have been teaching myself for the past few years, with BIG gaps in between. I have knitted little animals, itchy scarves, a shawl that I now know should have been made on circular needles (though I have never used them), and have successfully knitted 1 fabulous mohair sparkley bootie. Now that my technique is better I am treating myself to good yarn. Glad to be here!

Thanks for the help!
lookingglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #1330
ginny
Casting On

I'm hooked!
Hi there

Just wanted to say a huge thankyou for this awesome site! I found this site a few weeks ago when I decided that I wanted to learn how to knit, and it has helped me sooo much already! I am a real "visual" learner, so the videos are fantastic...just like having a real life lesson, rather than trying to disciper instructions / photos etc in a book. And the forum is really helpful too

I'm totally addicted to knitting now! I've missed my bus several mornings now because I've decided to try squeezing in "just one more row" before leaving for work. I'm knitting a cute crib blanket for my soon-to-be-arriving niece / nephew...it's looking fantastic (apart from a few stuffed up stitches) - my intarsia knitting wouldn't have been possible without the videos from this site. I looked in stacks of books and other websites, but only this site made the concept make any sense to me. Thankyou
ginny is offline   Reply With Quote