Old 05-22-2006, 07:27 AM   #1331
Old Knitter
Knitting the Flap

Good Morning........I'm so happy to have found this site. Although I have been knitting for years, I am always on the look out for tips to increase my knitting fun. This group seems close, chatty and helpful. I look forward to more visits.

Holly

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:45 AM   #1332
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome to everyone!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 11:39 PM   #1333
DianaM
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to DianaM Send a message via MSN to DianaM
Greetings and Salutations

I'm 27 and a half years old.
I'm the child of an american mother and a mexican father and grew up in the Gulf Coast of Mexico in the sea-side city of Tampico (7 hrs. south of the Texan border).

When I was 9 years old, my Abuela (grandma) sat with me under the shade of the trees in the backyard, handed me a small aluminum hook, some yarn and showed me the basics of crochet.
I didn't do much afterwards, though I did make chains when I was stressed out to kill time. I think I managed to end up with a mile-long chain at one point.

In high school I took up crocheting as a serious hobby and have not stopped since. Graduated with a bachelor's, moved to Colorado with my american grandmother and am now planning to move again within the US so I can get a second bachelors. The yarn has followed me every step of the way.

And now.....I'm trying to learn to knit. Which isn't easy with an overactive cat by my side. :XX:

Aside from crocheting and knitting, I'm also a stage and voice actress and I used to be a mask-maker, librarian and tattoo designer. My bachelors in Mexico was Clinical Psychology and here in the US it will be Nursing.
Both are professions that need a lot of craftyness on the side to deal with the "waves", so any pointers you can throw my way are truly appreciated.

I love the site, I love the tutorials and look forward to having a lot of fun
Old 05-24-2006, 06:10 AM   #1334
Old Knitter
Knitting the Flap

It sounds as though you will be a wonderful addition to this group! Cats make knitting more than interesting. My cat loves everything about knitting......the yarn, the needles, the basket, EVEN the pattern.

Holly
Old 05-24-2006, 05:17 PM   #1335
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
So many new names here!! Welcome, everyone!!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 07:58 AM   #1336
beginnerdubee
Casting On

Hello from New England
Hello there. I'm a fairly newbie knitter from New England. I'm not very advanced yet, but working on that.... Hope to find great new knitting friends in this forum!!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #1337
Old Knitter
Knitting the Flap

Hi Amy........where are you from in NH? I'm in NH as well.

Holly
Old 05-26-2006, 06:13 PM   #1338
SeraphimRed
Casting On

Hiya everyone!

My name is Crystal, and I'm fairly semi-new to knitting. I'm from New Mexico and just found this site. Truthfully, I taught myself how to knit from the internet..after hearing my mom rave about being taught.

Soooooo... uhmm.. Hi. Looking forward to chatting with you all soon!

-Crystal
SeraphimRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 06:33 PM   #1339
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Hi everyone!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #1340
sop 1
1st Leg of the Journey

Introductions!
I just joined the forum and did not see the introduction post until today. I am a relatively new knitter; about a year and a half; and basically taught myself. :rollseyes: My grandmother taught me the knit stitch when I was a little girl but always did the cast on and just handed me the neeedles. No matter how horrible she told me my little squares were beautiful! So...since I have nothing else to do???(I take care of a 90 yr. old mother, a husband, have a family of 5 boys and all their own, sing in a symphony chorus, an Evensong choir, serve on two music boards and paint watercolors) I decided to take up knitting again! It is addictive. My husband is looking for an anonymous group for me! I love this website; the videos are great. I just called my LYS (did I get that right?) to see if they are open on the holiday! Is that withdrawal or what! Thank you all ahead of time for all the help I know you will offer. :XX:
Susan in NC
sop 1 is offline   Reply With Quote