Old 08-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #1501
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Hi new members!!!

Feel free to PM any of the Mod Squad if you have specific questions about where to find things on the site, how to navigate the forums, or the text effects.

You can post questions about knitting in the HOW TO forum (click here), and don't forget to use our FABULOUS search feature located at the top of every page.... chances are, if you have a question, 10 other people had the same question too, and the answer is just waiting for you to find it

We strive to make this a knitting family, not just a forum. Check out the Blog Threads for a glimpse into our members' lives... sometimes TMI but always full of friendship and support.

We have several Knit-a-Longs going all the time... there is a "challenge" every month, and several members have joined the "year of the sweater" knit alongs, and they're working on their *third* sweater this year! You can join or start a knit-a-long anytime :-) Don't forget to post your process and FO (finished object) in the Watcha Knittin forum!

Got Yarn? Need more? (yes, you do) If you have something to trade or sell, or are looking for notions, good deals on needles, or books, check out the Buy Sell Swap forum.

Finally, if you're into spinning your own yarn---or if you WANT to be (we are great enablers here!)---check out the Spinning Forum .

Welcome! Have fun, make friends, learn something new and KNIT! :D

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-30-2006, 05:28 PM   #1502
Petals
Knitting the Flap

OK----I'm in
Hi,

I have learned so much from this site. Amy's videos are great! Been hanging out here for about a year. Haven't joined because it really helps to know your way around in the computer world!!

I learned to knit when very young, dabbled with it again when the kids were little and now am hooked! Learned English now Conti knitter. I love looking at what you've all made and if I can figure out how to do the digital camera thing I may try to posts some pictures. But until then I'll just try to find my way around here!

Some Items made:

Sweaters--Samus, Sitcom Chic
5 pairs of socks (love socks)
Tops--Green Gable, ChicKami
Shrug, Cabled scarf, Suede Shawl, Quicky Baby sweater
2 pair felted clogs
Petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:25 PM   #1503
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

I samus and sitcom chick!! Knitty rocks :D

Welcome!
Old 08-31-2006, 12:09 PM   #1504
Rayadragon
Casting On

Hi everyone!

I started knitting on what was almost a whim. I thought it would be useful to learn how to make winter hats since I seemed to lose them so much. I figured that if I put the time into making it, I'll be more inclined to hold on to them. I also loved the idea of making a scarf or sweater that was EXACTLY what I wanted. I started knitting about a year ago, but haven't made too much progress on figureing out much more than knit and purl, but I'm working on it Have to say I love all the videos on this site, which are very helpful in figuring out some of the things that have eluded me so far. Thanks for all the information!
Rayadragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:27 PM   #1505
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Welcome everyone!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:01 PM   #1506
pauly81
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to pauly81
New here
Hello My name is Paul I just joined this site. I come here all the time, I did not know about this part of the site. I am glad I found it. I tought myself how to knit from a book and am still learning. I have a question
I am knitting in stockenett stich and forgot what row I knitted last. How do I know ?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #1507
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Take a moment and look at your knitting. The flat, 'v' side is the knit side. The bumpy side is the purl side. You knit when the v side is facing you, and you purl when the bumpy side is facing you.

And BTW, welcome to the forums.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:47 PM   #1508
Angelia

Welcome everyone!

Wow, 100 pages of new members, and that doesn't even count those who never actually posted in this thread when they joined--myself included!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #1509
Starry
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to Starry
Hello! New Member and New Knitter here!

I decided to join-up so I can talk to others about these balls of fluffy-stuff I love so much, and hopefully to learn new patterns and new tips and tricks!

I'm a commuting college-student from Ontario Canada, and I always have a ton of time for knitting. I taught myself how to knit, mainly by remembering what my grandmother taught me when I was younger. I taught myself how to purl a few months ago, and am now really proud of myself...I still have a lot to learn though!

My knitting addiction is the scarf. I love using fun wools and different textures and weights to make exactly what I want. I've sucessfully knit two scarves (Yay!!), and am working on two more.

I love knititng, and the idea of spinning appeals to me, as I sort-of grew up on a farm when I was younger, and managed to talk to many spinners, quilters and knitters growing up, and through attending country festivals. Bindertwine (huge arts-and-crafts show, with a spinners group, and typical country-life activites) is next week!

On Needles: Two scarves dubbed "Fluff-tastic" and "Lacy"
Starry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:50 PM   #1510
Angelia

Welcome Tori!

There's a spinning section of the forum, so be sure to visit there both before and after you start!

Where in Ontario do you live? My aunt and uncle lived in Napanee for quite awhile. It's beautiful up there--I miss visiting them!