Old 09-08-2006, 09:17 PM   #1521
Krystal
Turning the Heel

Hello all, I'm Krystal, 22. I have been knitting now for about a week, using Amy's videos and just finished my second scarf! I've been lurking around for a while now wanting to learn and after finally diving in, I gotta say I am addicted. Hope to get to know you all.
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #1522
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
Wow! So many new people! Welcome everyone!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:20 AM   #1523
ilurffknit<3
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello. Konnichiwa. Annyong. And all those other languages. In any event, I'm Caitlin/Serenity. This is a shocking age for all of you I'm sure, but I'm only 16 and I'm a knitting nut. My friend Colleen taught me how (and she was taught by her mum) last december, and I've been addicted ever since. Sad to say I finished my first scarf only a week ago, and knitted it all the way through, though I can purl.

I found this site on google, looking to learn binding-off. The video was incredibly helpful! now I'm on a new scarf for a loved one, and plan to implement purling and possibly ribbing into this one.

I live in Bellingham, a few hours out of Seattle. This is the most beautiful place on Earth I swear it. Autumn is comming up and I cant wait to make some scarves and attempt some sweaters maybe (I'm not sure if I'm up to that skill level). Especially during U.S. history class, man is it boring there xxx

And as with everyone else, how can you not love knitting emoticons? Anyways, sorry to make such a long post, but I'm just excited to have found a community of knitters! No one else in my town, or my age bracket shares my passion, so this is really good for me.

I'll quiet up now
ilurffknit<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #1524
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,838 Posts
No need to be quiet, and believe it or not, you're not our only teenager around here! The age of the knitter is irrelevent--it's the knitting that brings us together!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:12 PM   #1525
shore--alpaca
1st Leg of the Journey

I a

This is a nice place to buy yarn:
http://www.artspun.com/Yarn/Product:Alpaca

I love to shop at places like those listed on this site.
http://www.fairtradefederation.com/
shore--alpaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #1526
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Hi New Forum Members!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:25 AM   #1527
DotMom61
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to DotMom61 Send a message via MSN to DotMom61 Send a message via Yahoo to DotMom61
Re: Hi
Hello all new knitters! It's been months since I've been in this thread -- it's becoming a bit overwhelming! I'm so glad to see all the new "faces" here ... I hope you all are having a great time!!

Originally Posted by karenf
The videos and forum on this site are absolutely great! I just started knitting and am almost done with my second scarf--not sure how to finish either one off, but I'm going to my localo knitting shop on Saturday. Everyone here seems so helpful! I live in Morris, IL and am married with two boys, ages 3 and 4.

Karen
Karen -- I notice you are not far from the Center of the Knitting Universe -- a.k.a. Chicagoland. You need to get hooked into our Illinois thread. Lots of us Illinoisians try to get together about once/month -- check out the plans here. Welcome!

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted. | Albert Einstein
DotMom61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:33 PM   #1528
knitonepurltwo
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to knitonepurltwo Send a message via Yahoo to knitonepurltwo
HI everyone! My name is Deb. I am married with three daughters. I have always wanted to learn how to knit, but never did anything about it. My grandmother ALWAYS knit me mittens for Christmas. I never thought to ask her to teach me before she passes away, so learning is sort of a tribute to her.

My three daughters ages 8/10/ and 13 all learned how to knit form their step-mother so I actually learned some basics from them. My 10 year old can cast on like nobody's business!

Last weekend I bought a couple of books to teach myself and when I became confused as to which way to cross the yarn over, etc. I looked online and found this site. The videos are so awesome! Any question I had was quickly answered.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. I'll be looking around the site to see what sort of motivation I can find.
knitonepurltwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:51 PM   #1529
merryknitter
Knitting the Flap

Taking The Plunge!
Hi! My name is Merry...I am from Ohio and 48 years old...Grammie of 2...and I just signed up for my first ever Knitting Class in October! My Best Friend and I are taking a class together...and we are so excited! I just hope that I am patient enough...LOL! I've been checking out this awesome site and reading alot of posts and I know I'll have a bazillion questions!

Merry
merryknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:42 AM   #1530
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Welcome Deb and Merry!

It's so nice to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you better in the forum! Happy Knitting!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote