Old 10-13-2006, 09:30 AM   #1571
rosin
Casting On

Im the newest here . my blog is here. unfortunatelly in Estonian but Ill try to write in English as well in future.
rosin is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-15-2006, 07:15 AM   #1572
HamburgKnitter
Knitting the Flap

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jeannette and I'm an american living in Germany. After learning how to knit and purl about six months ago, making two very wonky swatches full of holes and throwing them aside, I've suddenly been bitten by the knitting bug! I bought some beautiful purple yarn and some circulars on Friday after work and am now about a quarter of my way through my first scarf.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and warn you that I'll probably be posting lots of dumb questions!

Still trying to convince Henry the cat that knitting is a spectator sport!
HamburgKnitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 09:04 AM   #1573
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome everyone! Remember--there are no dumb questions! We've all had the same questions as we've gotten addicted to knitting. And Rosin--English is good--I doubt there are too many of us who speak Estonian.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:50 PM   #1574
Chrissie
Knitting the Flap

Hi there, I just started knitting this past week and I really love it so far. I'm 29, and live in Louisville, KY with my husband and two cats. After finding this site and finally figuring out how to bind off a garter stitch scarf I was working on, I was hooked. I made a stockinette swatch and a 2x2 rib swatch, and now I'm working on a 2x2 ribbed scarf that I just started last night. It's about 10 inches long now and looks pretty nice.
Chrissie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:25 PM   #1575
Corey
Casting On

Hi!
Hello Everybody,

My name is Corey.

I found this site while looking for a video lesson on how to do the Double Cast-On. A couple of months ago, I bought computer software that had video lessons (including one for the Double Cast-On) on it, figuring that when I was ready to start on my projects, I'd just pop the CD rom into my computer, and off I'd go.

Well, this morning I decided that I was ready to start on some scarves for my family. Do you think I could find the stupid CD rom? Of course not. So I typed in "knitting stitches" in my search engine and crossed my fingers.
I love this site! You saved me from having to buy more software. Thank you!

I'll be posting more as my projects progress (asking questions and begging for help!).

I have a feeling that I'm gonna like it here.

Corey
Old 10-16-2006, 04:28 PM   #1576
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
Hi! I'm in the burbs NW of NYC, too. I'm in Bergen County, NJ.

Welcome, this site is very helpful.

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:19 AM   #1577
achang1
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to achang1
Hi
Hi, im in Baltimore, Md. uh wel for starters i am a college student at umbc. and. well, im a guy. dunno if there are alot of guys here. but ive decided to start knitting because, well i like to work with my hands. and while im at school its not like i can do much on campus. like fixing cars. but im a total newbie at knitting and ive got little experiance. I am however learning thanks to this site, and am currently knitting, or trying to by knitting the harry potter scarf for a friend of mine. shes a harry potter nut, and what better than to make her one hmm :-)
Old 10-17-2006, 09:47 AM   #1578
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
Dude, my brother is a sophomore at UMBC.

Oh yeah, hi!

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:02 AM   #1579
KristyWisty
Casting On

Hello everyone!...I am a really new knitter only 2 months or so...this site taught me how to knit!...I am looking forward to chatting with all of you and appreciate all the help you've already given me!
KristyWisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #1580
Sooze
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello also (Suze here) Very new, have not knit a stitch yet
I have sticks and some yarn, and instruction booklet and some enthusiasm, so am I ready to go? I guess so! I just finished reading Yarn Harlot, and I know I have the knitting gene in my family my 79 year old mom being a master knitter!
I am 46 and disabled, so lots of free time. It's time for me to learn how to knit!
I want to make everything! Socks, socks, and more socks, sweaters, you name it, I want to GO!
I love the site, it really helps get the enthusiasm going to talk about knitting! SO thanks for having me, I am sure I will need some help now and then! SO thanks in advance!
Sooze it's usually Suze, but that's taken ~;*)"

Oh, I thought of a question already! Tehe~
Sooze is offline   Reply With Quote