Old 04-13-2005, 10:08 PM   #151
catknit
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi from a new knitter
I've just started knitting and am so happy to have found this site. It has really helped me along. I've been lurking for awhile and decided to come out.

Just wanted to say a quick hello and look forward to learning more.

Joy :D
catknit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #152
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

welcome....welcome joy!! I hope u enjoy this forum as much as i have!! I just joined and have found that the people are super nice and funny :D
look forward to getting to know u!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 10:15 PM   #153
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome Keri, Rebecca, Jen, & Joy!

Originally Posted by knitwit
... this is my new favorite site :XX:
Jen

Great to have you all on board!! :D

Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #154
HyperCello
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to HyperCello Send a message via Yahoo to HyperCello
Hello! My name's Michelle and I'm a very new knitter (as of last Saturday). I decided I wanted to learn to knit to make diaper covers, so I got a book, needles (is that what they are called????) and have only figured out how to make the first row. I'm looking forward to learning everything I can. It's just so hard to find the time to practice with a 3 month old to care for.
HyperCello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:17 PM   #155
SheScraps
Casting On

The previous poster, Michelle, and I have some in common. I just learned to knit so I could make wool diaper covers for my daughter (9 months old). So far I have completed one soaker and an apron top for her. Not thrilled with how either came out but I just started another soaker and I can already see the difference in my knitting. I'm getting better!

Anyway, I'm a SAHM to 2 girls who share a birthday 9 years apart. I live in Iowa and don't know a single person who knits. In fact, around here all my friends look at me like I'm crazy because I'm suddenly so excited about knitting. But these are the same people who don't understand why anyone would breastfeed or cloth diaper. Go figure!

Looking forward to learning from many of you and getting to know you all! :D
SheScraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:33 PM   #156
Silver
Instepping Out

Ok.. I'm coming out of hiding. I've been lurking here for quite a while, and have to admit that I've enjoyed your posts.

A little introduction..
I'm 32 and am a self taught knitter who's been an obsessed with yarn for about 5 years now. I've always been pretty crafty/artistic and work at home as a freelance graphic artist and website designer. I also dabble in making my own bath and body products but I enjoy knitting more than ANYTHING else.

Well.. that's it for now. I can get quite chatty at times, so I'm sure this is only the beginning.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:09 AM   #157
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
Prolly should do this...
Since i have been wandering around on here for the last few weeks. I am a new knitter who found this site just by clicking around i think. or i was looking for videos...hrmm. I haven't done anything too complicated as of yet but i think this site may make me a little more adventerous.

I am 34 from Omaha and i work ridiculous amounts of hours. I have learned in the last few weeks that the part time job i have, is there just to pay for my newly acquired yarn habit! i have pretty much done nothing but scarves so far but i really do enjoy them. i have just ventured into a baby blanket and i gotta say, the biggest tangle i am going to have with that is that it is not that easy to carry around for stolen "knit moments"

anyway i am glad to be here. There appear to be a lot of talented people on this site and i hope to get as much knowledge from y'all as i can!!
Old 04-18-2005, 11:22 AM   #158
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome Michelle, SheScraps, Silver & Brendajos!

Diaper covers looks like such fun projects!

Best to do it as a second or third project, since it's a fitted object and it's hard to get sizing right when you're just starting out, and your tension has a lot of variation still.

Brendajos, I know what you mean, I'm knitting a large bag right now, and it's so heavy on the needles it's hard to carry around with me; although I manage! I actually brought it with me for a walk this weekend, and was knitting and walking around at the same time. It was one of those days where I really wanted to get some progress made on the bag, but it was too nice to not be outside and enjoying it! LOL.

happy knitting!
Amy

‎"There is a vitality, a life force, an energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique. And if you block it, it will never exist through any other medium and it will be lost. The world will not have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is nor how valuable nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours clearly and directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep yourself open and aware to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open."
Martha Graham
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 02:01 PM   #159
BellaSerra
Casting On

Newby in North Carolina
This is a great site. I have learned so much already. The videos have been a life saver.

As in my earlier post, I am new to knitting and want to start a knitting circle in my area. I have looked at all the other knitting groups such as SnB, etc and find them to be too large for my taste. I am looking for a more intimate setting. Thus, I would to start a group for beginners, however long time knitters are invited to join us. We would be honored to learn from experienced knit-o-files.

I am in the Raleigh area and would like to meet at Starbucks in the Target behind Triangle Town Center on Capital Blvd. If you are interested, email me by clicking the email button below.*

Thanks

*[I've edited out the email address in this post, because addresses in posts are vulnerable to SPAM email-harvesting. Bella, if you still want to, you can put it back in. ~Amy]
BellaSerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 02:58 PM   #160
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

:thinking: hmmmm perhaps instead of doing one large baby (or adult) afghan...maybe work one with squares and then put it together after u have finished all of the squares!!
Welcome one and all!!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote