Old 10-24-2006, 10:45 AM   #1601
Jessica
Working the Gusset

Might as well introduce myself before I really start nailing you guys with a million questions.

My name is Jessica, and Im 21 and going to school to be a police officer and trying to start my own buisness, maybe a yarn store, but I have some more details to work out and alot more to learn .
I live with my wonderful boyfriend who I have been with for 2 years, and we are enjoying the life were building together, when we find time, Lol! We are both pretty selfish with our time so kids are a no. He is an engineer, and I go to school, so time is precious around here. Between our saltwater tanks and my coral propagating, drag racing and restoring Corvette's, I try to squeeze knitting in there (usually during class ).

I learned how to knit about a month ago while my mom had breat cancer. I had alot of free time while I was taking care of her so my best friend tought me how to knit. As it turned out it came pretty natural and I LOVE it!! Im totally addicted and this site helped. Im eager to learn and try everything. Spinning and dying are really sparking my intrest right now. I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning frow your knowledge.

Jess

Originally Posted by CarmenIbanez View Post
I'm pretty sure I'm full of sh*t

http://www.myspace.com/94432495
Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #1602
micaelasmama
Casting On

Hello everyone
So I've been stalking this site for a few days now because I just learned to knit. I didn't realize until now that there was a forum on here too.

So, my name is Melissa or Mellie for short. I'm 23, married and my inspriration to start knitting is my little 7-month old ball of sunshine, Micaela.
We live in the Boston area though I'm originally from CT.

In terms of knitting, like I said, I recently learned. I'm on my second project (though the first isn't complete because I ran out of yarn

). The first was a blanket, this one is a scarf and next, I'm hoping to get some pants underway for my dd.

I will probrably bog you guys down with questions in just a few days. I'm looking forward to getting to know you and getting advice from the pros.
micaelasmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 01:28 PM   #1603
luv2knit
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello
Hello!

I finally joined in the forum after months of looking over this website! Not too long ago I purchased the Denise Needles from Amy, absolutely love them!

My husband of 15 years and I have two wonderful children, DS (12) and DD (almost 9). I love being able to homeschool the both of them and being able to spend lots of time watching them grow up.

I have always thought it would be neat to learn to knit, but never really tried it. However it was my DD who really wanted to learn to knit. At Christmas I purchased her a knitting kit, and she was thrilled. Between lots of books from the library, a friend's help, and more help from the local knitting store, we both learned to knit! Although my DD is enjoying her new hobby, it was me who became completely enthralled with knitting! I have quickly filled my cupboards with all kinds of yarn, patterns and knitting supplies!

I have finished a variety of simple projects and have several "on the needles". My newest project is my very first sweater, and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I take my knitting everywhere, in the car, on the plane, to church, while I wait for my kids, to the beach, camping... I always have a project with me. xxx Recently I finished a blanket as a wedding gift and was surprised how much the newlyweds loved it. They couldn't believe someone would go to so much trouble to make them a gift!

I am looking forward to being a part of the forum when I can and when I need help (which could be a lot looking at a couple of these patterns I have!). What a great website for knitters!

Sandi
luv2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #1604
GennyLynn1962
Instepping Out

Welcome to all of the new knitters.

As you can see I haven't been a member for very long but I have learned so much from the wonderful people on this forum, and I could have never learned to knit without the videos.

This is a great forum, in my opinion the best on the web.

Good luck,

Gen

I'm GennyLynn on Ravelry too!

OTN:
Baby blanket in hurdle stitch.
"Hey Teach" for me!
Christmas gifts: mostly kitchen towel sets, and fingerless gloves.
GennyLynn1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #1605
aidrean
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to aidrean
n00b!
I just picked up knitting 2 days ago. I had gotten some books from the library, some yarn, and some needles. The books weren't much help though, since the pictures don't move. I found this site while looking for a video of how to cast-on. SO helpful!

I haven't really started anything yet, I'm still trying to figure out why I'm getting an extra stitch every couple rows. I did read the thread on that topic, and counting out every row I do is seeming to help for some reason. Odd how that works!

I'm still looking for a "real live" person around this area to show me things and point out mistakes.

Anyway, I'm 29 and I live in Wisconsin on Lake Michigan with my husband, and every other week with my two stepsons who are 11 and 8. I also have a dog, 2 cats, and a sun conure (the loudest bird in existence, I swear!).

I look forward to learning and getting help from all you fine people!
aidrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:58 PM   #1606
Arpoo
Casting On

Whoops didnt see this thread!

Hi I am Arpoo, relatively knew to the art of Knitting,

Hope to pick up lots of advice, tips and patterns over the coming months. It is such a satisfying hobby to have, seeing the fruits of your labours being worn by a dog or other pet

Thanks

Arpoo
Old 10-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #1607
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #1608
Whatshernoodle2
Casting On

Hi
Hi

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Nicole. I have been knitting since I was a kid, but just now learning how to read a pattern properly and do the different stitches.

I have been coming to Knittinghelp.com for awhile to get help on abbreviations and watch how to videos. I think this is a wonderful site.

Talk to you all soon,
Nicole
Whatshernoodle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:10 AM   #1609
AnotherBecca
Knitting the Flap

Hi! I'm Becca. I started to knit about 2 years ago, but haven't been very consistent. I've finished a couple of scarves and a summer sweater. I've started a lot more than that! I just get sidetracked... currently I'm working on a baby blanket that I started a little over a year ago. I need to get to work on my stash of yarn because I'm running out of room! Hopefully visiting here will motivate me to knit more frequently!
AnotherBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:16 AM   #1610
CountryNaturals
Knitting the Flap

Hello from Oregon
Hi, all. I'm Suz.

I've been knitting since I was 5--I'm now 61. I used to knit complicated stuff--cable, argyle, and all sorts of fancy stitches like popcorn and lacy stitches (cuz I was too lazy to learn how to crochet). Now that I'm older, I lack the patience and concentration for anything too complex, so I create my own super simple stitches and patterns.

There's a book I LOVE, that I found at a garage sale for 50-cents, that has tons of great stitches in it. It's from back in the 1940s. I think I'll go look it up on Amazon and see if it's still available. If so, I'll post it on my website and here if there's a place for it.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I've already linked to this fabulous forum. If any of you have websites and want to do a link swap, PM me and we'll get it done.

HAPPY KNITTING, EVERYONE!
CountryNaturals is offline   Reply With Quote