Old 12-02-2006, 06:56 AM   #1661
PurpleMittens
Ribbing the Cuff

Ahoy, I went to a meeting of the knitting circle on campus, and though they were nice people, they didn't really help me much in learning. So I came here and the site proved to be very instructive.

I am presently in the middle of my first project, a scarf that actually sort of resembles a scarfy type thing!

Nice site, it looks like a very good community.
PurpleMittens is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-02-2006, 11:33 AM   #1662
cretin
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi. I'm new here I'll stop and talk later, I'm on a mission to find a pattern for a greyhound sweater It's driving me crazy!
cretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:05 PM   #1663
Nan101
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello,

I've been knitting, crocheting and doing needlework since I was about 11.
One thing I have never tried was knitting a pair of socks. I was looking for information on sock knitting when I found your site. You all seem like a really nice group of people and this site has a wealth of information. I have started my sock and so far I am pleased with the progress. In two days I have knitted the leg, heel and am now doing the gusset. This will be my test sock since I have seen two mistakes that I will need to correct on the next pair.
Nan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 PM   #1664
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,837 Posts
Welcome, everyone!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:19 AM   #1665
wildflower38
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower38
Hello.....
I registered a few weeks ago, and I never posted a hello. I'm a new knitter. I started knitting in October 2006. I really like it. I tried crocheting in my teens but I got frustrated and gave it up when i had to rip apart an afghan I was trying to create. I'm glad this site is here because a have alot of beginner questions.....
wildflower38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:15 PM   #1666
Webigail
1st Leg of the Journey

I love this place!!
I didn't even notice this introduction area

Well, I'm a newbie, been knitting for a few weeks. I taught myself to crochet and registered for a crocheting class, but ended up taking the knitting class (no one else registered, so it was a private lesson ). For some reason, I have always been intimidated by knitting. Crocheting seems to be much easier, despite the various stitches.

At any rate, I was scouring the net for help with knitting after taking my first knitting class and found...this haven. Not only am I addicted to knitting, but I'm addicted to this forum
Webigail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:08 PM   #1667
Guin
Ribbing the Cuff

I taught myself how to crochet and knit about 11 years ago.
My hands ache if I don't knit , I love it !

I am happily married and have 3 kids.

Finally , I got the nerve up to design my own sweater.
It is on the needles and feels like it is taking forever . I keep putting it down to knit up some hats and mittens for my kids .
Anyway , it will be a raglan ribbed sweater when finished .
Guin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:51 PM   #1668
MarDi
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via MSN to MarDi
Hi! I'm brand new to this forum, and also to the world of knitting. A new addition to our family expected in March has propelled me with steely determination to learn knitting from the ground floor up, and to eventually (hopefully) produce incredibly lovely knitted things... now all I need is know-how and self-confidence, which I'm on my way to having thanks in huge part to knittinghelp.com's videos and forum!

I just began my self-taught knitting journey a few months ago, and have already compiled enough of a precious stash to rival most local yarn shops... (If there was a way to ban myself from online yarn shops, I most surely would)!

I wish you all a very wonderful holiday season, and much peace and happiness in the new year!
MarDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:40 PM   #1669
MichelleLeigh
Casting On

Hello everyone!
Hi there....
I'm fairly new to knitting. I have made several scarfs, 2 afgans, and one hat ( I'm being kind by calling it a "hat"). Now I'm venturing out to try dpn and knitting up some mittens. It's touch and go, but with the help of some people from this forum I think I can actually do it.

Everyone here seem so nice and friendly. Willing to help and a real community. I love it. I have seen other sites that aren't nearly as friendly.

Thank you in advance for all the help I'm sure you'll be.

Happy Holidays!!!
Michelle
MichelleLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:53 PM   #1670
segundoloteian
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to segundoloteian
Hello, all!
I first learned to knit in a biology class in high school, but haven't done much with it since then. I've picked it back up over the past couple of weeks (almost an entire biochemistry degree later)--in large part thanks to this fabulous site! I'm astounded at how fast I've become addicted, and at how much knitting I can get done during a single class!

I have a tendency to be a bit over ambitious, so I'm very much looking forward to learning from all of you experienced and knowledgeable knitters...hopefully I will soon be able to contribute usefully, too.

Cheers!

Recently Completed:
- double knit ski hat with snowflake color work (my own design)
- endpaper mitts
- Bronty and Mr. Steggs dinosaurs
- girl's make-believe crown in pink
segundoloteian is offline   Reply With Quote