Old 12-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #1671
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
I turn my back and there are bunches of new people! Welcome!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #1672
eladine
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to eladine
Hello peoples!

Great site... absolutely amazing.

I've knitted on and off for years, normally with my Gran sat at the side of me telling me what to do - probably accounts for my inability to follow/decipher a pattern!

Having said that, I've never actually made (and finished...) anything!

Currently working on a scarf!

Will try not to post too many silly newbie questions!

Eladine
eladine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:15 AM   #1673
Solo
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to Solo
Hallo, I'm Lindsay. ^^ I was pointed to this place by my friend Jessical, because I don't know what I'm doing. And since she's more or less responsible for planting the seed of knitting in my brain, I demanded (begged and pleaded for) her assistance.

My friend Selina turned me on to knitting when she tossed a ball of yarn with needles stuffed in it and a book that claimed I, too, could learn to knit all kinds of awesome stuff in 10, 20, or 30 minutes. This proved false, as neither of us could decifer that book and I went out and got another the next day. ^____^

So I have not accomplished much other than a bunch of randomly sized squares. ^^ My goal is to make doll sweaters and other accesories.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:04 PM   #1674
Carissa
Casting On

Hi all....Found this site back in August when researching online how-to videos for knitting, and it's been extremely helpful. I wanted to say thanks to the site owner for providing these video clips for free to the public, they were a nice side addition to go with the 4 week class I took in my local area several months ago. Recently I needed an online demonstration for how to knit socks, and this site came up again in my Google search. I didn't even realize back in August when I first found this site that you guys had a sock how-to video, so it was very cool to find that demo here! Anyway, because of that, I went ahead and purchased the $20 how-to CD to watch on my computer so I could get the full 40 minute lesson. I just started both knitting and crocheting in August, and it was my goal to be able to knit socks by the winter. Looks like I'll be able to do it! Books just can't adequately explain the socks thing, and there aren't any classes for sock knitting happening right now where I live. To learn something like this I need to see it, so, I'm thankful for this site, otherwise I would have hit a dead end.

So far I've knitted assorted things like scarves, and a carrying case for my camera, things like that, but I'm ready for something more challenging. So thanks again to the site owner for the free video clips and the services you provide.
Carissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #1675
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Hi eladine, solo, and carissa!! Welcome to the forums!! Don't forget to check out the Q&A forum if you have questions (chances are 100 people already had the same question!!) and show off your FOs and WsIP (finished objects, works in proress) in the Watcha Knittin Forum.

Hildie.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #1676
geenah
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to geenah
Newbie.
Hello, hello. I'm new to the world of knitting. I've always wanted to learn how to knit, but never thought I could do it on my own. After buying a learn to knit kit at my local craft store, I tried it out last night and didn't understand anything, espically since I'm a very visual learner. My husband told me after I was abou to give up to look online and see if I could find any videos, and presto! I found this site. Since then I've been practicing, and I'm not a pro yet, but it could be worse. Anyway, thanks so much!!

-Gina

geenah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #1677
SierraMist
Casting On

Hello everyone!

I am joining the forums as a knitting newbie. My grandmother was a master knitter, and I hope to one day create items as beautiful as hers. Unfortunately, she's not around anymore to teach me her great skills firsthand, but luckily I have found this site, which has proven invaluable!

So far I've learned the basics, but haven't created much more than a few squares and the beginnings of a scarf. It's pretty challenging, but I hope with practice I'll get better and faster.

Expect me to be hanging out and asking a bunch of questions.
SierraMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:43 AM   #1678
madametj
Working the Gusset

welcome everyone!

u'll luv it here, trust me

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:01 AM   #1679
GennyLynn1962
Instepping Out

Welcome

I'm GennyLynn on Ravelry too!

OTN:
Baby blanket in hurdle stitch.
"Hey Teach" for me!
Christmas gifts: mostly kitchen towel sets, and fingerless gloves.
GennyLynn1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:04 AM   #1680
Willow
Casting On

I'm new to this site, but I'm sure most, if not all of you know my hubby, he goes by the name Rorshach. He convinced me to sign on here to improve my skill and have a general outlet other than him for questions.

put on your thinkin' caps cuz I have lots of 'em.
Willow is offline   Reply With Quote