Old 04-19-2005, 02:26 PM   #161
fluffyhelen
Casting On

Hello!

My name is Helen and I am 21. I am currently living in Wales and started knitting to try and help control my anxiety and give me something to keep me occupied!

So far I've knitted a rather long scarf, and now the weather is sunny so it's too hot to wear it!

I'm going to start knitting a pink fluffy scarf for one of my friends and possibly a matching bag. I'm also knitting a red and white scarf for my dad to wear to football matches and a navy scarf for my grandad.

Alongside this I'm also knitting a baby blanket for my friend who is due to give birth in September.

This site is fantastic, it's got the first understandable explanation of how to do moss stitch which I've seen!

Helen :XX:
fluffyhelen is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #162
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
Oh, Helen....my most favorite "Surrogate-Grandmother/Fairy Godmother" is from Wales! She is the Board President where I work, and I believe she is from Grenfell?
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:14 PM   #163
fluffyhelen
Casting On

I just looked up Grenfell as I hadn't heard of it and it's in New South Wales.. which is quite a long way away from me.

I'm in the rainy Wales, not the nice sunny one. It was living in Wales which partially got me so interested in knitting though.. there isn't a great deal else to do around here!
fluffyhelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 PM   #164
gjackart
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to gjackart
Pingouin pattern
Pingouin Pattern#78
Page 7
Vertical Sweater in Confort
No 85.321

I appreciated if someone would be happy to help me with those pattern below here. It says stunning idea to enliven the classic styles. Our old favorite fishermen rib uses two colours to make a vertical stripe effect with an unusual three-demensional apperance.

You can email me by clicking the email button below.*

Sitches Used
1 rows:(right side).With B,K1,*P1,slip 1 pw,yrn;repeat from *to last 2 sts,p1,k1.
Return to opposite end of row.

2nd row:(right side).With A, k1,yft,slip 1 pw,*yon,ktog the next st with the made
loop of previous row,yft,slip 1 pw;repeat from *to last st,yon,K1.

3rd row:(wrong side).With B,K1,Ktog the next st with the made loop of previous row,
*yft,slip 1pw,yon,ktog the next st with the next made loop;rep from * to last st,K1.
Return to opposite end of row.

4th row:(wrong side)With A,K1,yft,*slip 1pw,yrn,p tog the next st with the made loop
of previous row;rep from * to last 2 st,slip 1 pw,yon,k1.

5th row:(right side).With B,K1,yft,p tog the next st with the made loop of previous row,
* slip 1pw, yrn,ptog the next st with the next made loop;rep from *to last st,k1.Return
to opposite end of row.

*[I've edited out the email address in this post, because addresses in posts are vulnerable to SPAM email-harvesting. Gjackart, if you still want to, you can put it back in. ~Amy]
Garcia
gjackart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:59 AM   #165
HeatherFeather
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherFeather
Hello all!!!

I am new this week to this site, and just love it!!!

I am Heather, I live in Baltimore, I have enjoyed handcrafts my whole life. I re-started knitting in winter of 2003, and have become officially adicted. I am NOT happy unless my hands have been on the needles at least once or twice a day.

I consider myself a novice, but have made sweaters already. I can follow the simple patterns if there isn't a lot of crazy repeats, I loose track easily.
I have taught 2 people to knit, one a little girl, and the other my friend. The little girl was MUCH easier to teach...actually 3...my 6 yo is learning. I think she knew how before she even picked up the needles watching me. My family enjoyed my hand crafts, but I didn't start getting orders for things until I started knitting.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all!!!

HeatherFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 11:49 PM   #166
amy
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome BellaSerra, good luck getting your knitting group together.

Welcome Helen, happy knitting! I hope we get to see the pictures when you're done with those! Today it's a rainy April day here in New England (the first "real" April day we've had, it's been so sunny!) We actually had the wood stove piped up--a big change from nearly having to use the air conditioning for the last two weeks!

Welcome gjackart! Try re-posting your Q in the "How-to Questions" forum, you'll get more answers that way.

Welcome HeatherFeather! Sounds like you're truly addicted! Way to go! That's great that you're teaching others, it's so much fun isn't it?

Amy
amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #167
nonokitty
Casting On

Hi,

I'm new here. I was reffered here by someone who left a comment on my blog. I'm not new to knitting, I've been knitting now for about 8 months. Anyway, I'm glad that someone told me about this forum! :D
nonokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:27 AM   #168
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

welcome, nono...glad that u joined & look forward to getting to know u!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:48 AM   #169
gimmesanity
Turning the Heel

Hi! Thought I'd finally introduce myself -- I've been lurking on this board for quite some time now.

My name is Sharon. I'm originally from NYC, but am currently residing in MD thanks to the Air Force. You join to see the world, and you end up 3 hours away from home...

Anyways, I recently picked up knitting again. I'm like a smidgen above beginner, though. Not too much experience, but I'm not scared to try something new and mess it up.

I'm a new mommy -- that's a pic of my little monkey, Nia. She'll be 4 weeks old on Thurs!! This is probably tmi, but I'm always on here in the wee hours of the morning hooked up to my pump. Moo.

Amy, your site is AWESOME! It's helped me out of a few jams. Thanks a bunch, yo!

~Sharon

My Knitting/Reading/Running/Rambling Blog
gimmesanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:14 AM   #170
KellyK
Sock Yarn Bliss

Send a message via Yahoo to KellyK
A big old WELCOME to Sharon and her pump!!

(hmm....I can't seem to find a b-pump emoticon! )

Nia is beautiful!! Congratulations!
KellyK is offline   Reply With Quote