Old 12-27-2006, 07:53 PM   #1701
madametj
Working the Gusset

welcome Knitting_Guy! Welcome Jess_knit! we definetly need more guy and teenage knitters

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 12-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #1702
msd1984
Casting On

Intro
Hi,

I'm Mary and I just regestered. I'm a pet groomer, soaper...well I guess I try lots of stuff. I've done a little knitting and have mostly found it frustrating. I got a DVD and made myself finish a scarf. Socks have my attention right now. I so want to be able to turn a heel! LOL! Last year, one of my grooming customers mentioned she knits...well, actually, I think she was relaying a story about her dog eating her wood needles but that's another story! I must have pounced on her a bit harder than I realised when I asked if she knit socks, because she remembered and this Christmas she gave me needles, a pattern and yarn that self -patterns into the coolest socks! Our local yarn store where she got it, will let people come and hang out and learn. I'm a little intimidated as now she'll be asking if they are done! She's just the best and I so want to do well by this yarn. It's in the other room so I can't see the name but It's so cool!

I'm so glad I found this site now too. I've looked over the videos some and I'm sure they will be invaluable. I'll be around and will post when I can. Thanks for having me!
Mary <><
msd1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 12:13 AM   #1703
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,828 Posts
A big welcome to all our new members!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:38 AM   #1704
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Thanks madametj, I appreciate it.
Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:04 AM   #1705
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Welcome everyone!!! I'm so happy to have such enthusiastic new members!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:35 AM   #1706
Lilsea
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi! I've used this site alot and didn't realize there were forums! I'm so excited! I actually found the forums while searching for P2TOG TBL...I was totally doing it wrong and glad I found this!

My name is Barb...I'm 31 and I learned to crochet when I was about 10. A dear friend taught me how to knit nearly 3years ago, shortly after my Nanna passed. I discovered my Nanna knit, and had started an afghan when my mom was pregnant with me. I acquired the pieces of the afghan, a pair of bent needles, some old old yarn and the pattern written on the small paper of an assignment pad. I was determined to learn to knit.

So I did and have been knitting every since.

I've been married for 8yrs, and my hubby and I have 6 kids, a son who's 7 and our daughters are 6,5,4,3 and 1 month.

I look forward to posting with you!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #1707
CamNMeg
Casting On

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kim and I'm 28 and a SAHM to 2 children, Cam who is almost 3 and Meg who is 6 months. I'm really a newbie knitter. I learned a week and a half ago by watching Amy's videos. Right now I'm in the middle of 2 projects: an orange cotton washcloth for my son & a scarf for my Mom for her birthday. You all seem to provide such great info! I'm so glad I found these forums while I'm still learning.
CamNMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #1708
madametj
Working the Gusset

Welcome Lilsea and CamNMeg! You're gonna luv it here.

(they should make me the official greeter )

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #1709
OldSoul
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to OldSoul
Hi
Hi
My name is Chris (OldSoul). I've been making jewelry and painting watercolors for years, but I have just started knitting. I've visited this site often for the How To videos. I bought books, but the videos really make a difference. So far, I have knit about 4 scarves (got waay carried away on one--I could wrap it around my neck about 3 times and still almost trip on it).

I am finding that yarn is as addictive to me as beads or watercolor supplies. I have to work just to pay for my hobbies! The added bonus is that with my hands busy, I am snacking much less at night!

So thank you, to whoever took the time to make and post the videos. It has really helped enormously in building my confidence. Now, all I need is more space to keep my growing stash of beautiful yarns!
OldSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:54 AM   #1710
DragonsChest
1st Leg of the Journey

Hello - I'm new!
I am Suzy, aka DragonsChest. I learned how to knit about 26 years ago. I knitted for a while, then moved on to other things. I picked up yarn and needles again about two weeks ago, and I am enjoying it immensely.

From the basic techniques section of this site, I learned that I knit in the Continental method. And that this is what is used mainly in Germany. And guess what? That was where I was taught to knit, while I was an exchange student in Hamburg, Germany.

Anyhoo, I plan on zipping around the forum, reading and learning. Thanks for having a place like this. See ya!

DragonsChest is offline   Reply With Quote