Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #1731
kjharris
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to kjharris
Hello from Portland!
Hello all,
I'm a brand new knitter (as in, I've just learned to cast on successfully! ) I'm located in the beautiful rainy city of Portland, Oregon. This site is wonderful and I'm sure I will be a frequent visitor. I'm hoping to learn enough to knit a few scarves for Christmas next year!
kjharris is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 AM   #1732
LADYDINC
Casting On

New Gal on the block
Hi everyone: My name is Dianne Maxcy and I'm new. I hope I can learn to use the forum ok. I've been knitting now for about a year. Scarved myself to death at first. I've been working on my first sweater and I'm so excited. I live in Clemmons, N.C which is just 10 mins. out of Winston-Salem, N.C. We have three yarn shops in Winston-Salem. My favorite is called Knit Picky. We have open knit nite on Weds. and we have a great group. I hope to meet lots of new friends here at the forum. Hope to hear from you all soon.
Di
LADYDINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 12:02 AM   #1733
Emilie
Casting On

New here & new to knitting :)
Hi there My name is Emilie and I'm a stay at home mom to my son Ben (34 months) and daughter Katie (20 months). I've been using the site to teach myself to knit, as the lessons from my 90 year old blind granny just didn't cut it I just finished my very first project tonight (a very long scarf!) using the videos from the site & some tips from the forum here. I'm really excited to learn more & branch out from making scarves
Emilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #1734
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Yay!! So good to see so many new comers.. You will love it here.. Welcome to the forum!!!

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #1735
imported_Knitty_Kat
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello, everyone! I'm Jenn, I'm 26 years-old and from Atlanta, GA. I'm not really new to knitting, but I'm new to the forums. This website has been wonderful for me. The videos are clear and thorough. I'm looking forward to talking about knitting with everyone here.
imported_Knitty_Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:28 PM   #1736
RooGirl
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to RooGirl
Hi every one! My name is Nicole, I'm 23 -until the end of this month-. I live in Burbank, CA. I'm a Project Manager for Kitchen and Bath Remodeling.
I was so happy to find this website! As a fairly new knitter there were some advanced techniques that left me sitting on my couch, yarn in hand, scratching my head thinking, 'how in the heck am I supposed to do that?????!!!!' Thanks to the videos and glossary, I'm happily knitting away on the Reversible Shamrock Dishcloth for a gift for my mother-in-law.
RooGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #1737
five_six
Turning the Heel

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:27 AM   #1738
cherswansea2001
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to cherswansea2001
Hiya,
Im Donna, Im from swansea in south wales uk. Im 27 and have 2 kids, one on the way.
Im new to knitting and havent really started yet, tried to do casting on last night but couldnt get the hang of the next bit
Found the videos on this site to be extremely helpful, altho i havent tried to follow them yet LOL But im sure they will help loads.
Hope to chat with u all soon
Donna.
cherswansea2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #1739
Kathy_knits
Casting On

Howdy from the Lone Star State
Hi everyone! My name is Kathy and I just started knitting about a month ago. I purchased some books and could not seem to get the hang of it so I went online and started searching for knitting help and viola~arrived at the greatest knitting help site in the world. I have learned so much here. I have made one completed scarf in a fun fur (I was too new to realize that it was not the easiest yarn to work with, LOL). I am now working on the "magic scarf" from Crazy Aunt Purl's site. I am also trying to do some bookmarks in a #10 cotton with size 2 needles. I am having trouble trying to keep my tension even so I can get into my stitches on my bookmarks so I keep ripping out and reknitting . I am so happy to have found this place and I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Kathy_knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 04:53 AM   #1740
zip

Hi everyone,

I'm Shandeh's sister and I live in southern California. I've been knitting off and on since high school, which translates to about thirty-three years. Yet, I'm still learning.

I've been relying on Amy's videos for assorted techniques, but didn't link the site to my sister's presence here until this Christmas. I'm happy to be here!

~zip, aka Ginger