Old 01-16-2007, 08:43 PM   #1761
madametj
Working the Gusset

Welcome new members!

MarchingTwinkie3, your screen name is making me hungry

Bust some Stash!
madametj on Ravelry (quick, go add me as your friend and I'll add you! )
madametj is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #1762
GennyLynn1962
Instepping Out

Welcome to all of you. This is a wonderful site, the people are friendly and very knowledgeable.

You're going to love it here.

I'm GennyLynn on Ravelry too!

OTN:
Baby blanket in hurdle stitch.
"Hey Teach" for me!
Christmas gifts: mostly kitchen towel sets, and fingerless gloves.
GennyLynn1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:56 AM   #1763
stipma
Casting On

Hi everyone,
I have taught myself the very basics of both knitting and crocheting. I always gave up when it came time to learn how to read patterns. I just couldn't seem to master it. Now, I'm determined. I was thrilled when I found this forum and I'm looking forward to talking with all of you.
A little bit about me. I'm 35 years old and the mother of 4 children. I just re-entered the work force after being a stay-at-home mom since the birth of my first daughter 13 years ago.
Chat with you soon.
stipma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:39 AM   #1764
nikkijack
Casting On

hello i'm a newbie too
hi my names nikki, i'm 33 and from england, i'm expecting my 9th baby in june..i'm desperate to try and get something knitted by the time my little arrival comes!! i'm still very basic so i thought i'd join up here to get some help and ideas..

so, a very BIG hello from me
nikkijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #1765
brokenblossoms
1st Leg of the Journey

*stands up* My name is Jessica, and I'm a knittaholic.

Well. I'm 18. I've been knitting for almost a year. For three years I was making attempts at learning to knit. Finally I visited learntoknit.com and it finally clicked! For a while I was happy with basic knit, purl, & binding off, so I didn't do much. Then I learned increases and decreases and got my first pair of circulars and it's been addiction ever since. I just learned how to use DPNs & do fairisle (thanks to this loverly website) in December.

I like knitting for Blythe best because I'm impatient. And since Blythe's measurements are all under 2", I can get things finished pretty quickly. Hehehe.
brokenblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #1766
photogirl12
Casting On

I am a newbie
I have learned how to knit through this site and I wanted to meet new knitters.

Alice
photogirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #1767
betcook
Casting On

Just Found this Wonderful Site!
Hi! My name is Betty.

I've been knitting and crocheting since I was 8 years old. My Great-Aunt taught me to knit (the "German" way) and my Grandmother taught me how to crochet. I love making things for my family, relatives, and friends. Recently our family had a run on new babies and I've been really busy making baby things. This is a wonderful resource because of the wonderful videos and the clear, concise instructions.

My Great-Aunt and Grandmother made everything without reading patterns so I've had to teach myself how to read them. This site will be very helpful to me because even though I've been doing this for 45 years, I'm never too old to learn new tricks!

Thank you again for being here and I look forward to "talking" to all of you!
betcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:07 AM   #1768
Robinknits
1st Leg of the Journey

Just found this site
I taught myself to knit a year and a half ago and am absolutely addicted! I found the videos on the site the other day. They are great. Things that I thought would be too hard don't see too daunting now. I'm ready to try new things now! This board seems like a great resourse too. I'll be hanging out!

Robin
Robinknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:57 PM   #1769
Nanaof6
Turning the Heel

Sorry I posted this in the wrong spot. I should have clicked on post reply and I click on new topic

Hello, I have never knitted in my life, I did do some crocheting once, made the weirdest looking blanket only because I didn't know how to stop and turn the right way and it just grew into a triangle shape ,it was like a king size blanket at one end and a baby blanket at the other end. So I quit. Now at 55 I am hoping to teach myself a new craft. I sew and have made clothes that I still wear. I have brought tons of craft items with the best intent to try and learn something new, but to be truely honest....I have two things that I have brought and never even opened, one is a painting kit with easel and oil paints.....I use to paint and draw when I was in high school, thought that one day I might be an art teacher, but I got married and had babies that needed me. The other craft item is something that I talked my DH into buying off of EbAY for me , it's a Donna DoBerry(sp) one stroke painting kit. There were 7 different kits all in one bid......over $200.........that is down in the basement somewhere unopened too!

The only thing that I have gotten into as of late and liked and stuck to is Stained Glass. I went to classes and fell in love with it.DH was the first one to go to classes and when I watched him I knew I had to learn also. We've set up a small stained glass studio but we haven't made anything to sell yet. It all just gets made as gifts so far.

Like I said I have never knitted before , but I truely want to learn and I'd like to be able to knit something that I would be proud to wear. I went to AmazonBooks.com and got 'Knitting and Crocheting for Dummies' I also have some books coming from Ebay on the topic, all for beginners.

Now that I have found this site I am hoping that I can learn to knit with the help of those that know how.

Nana,

IX XI
Keep Christ In Christmas

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14548372@N02
Nanaof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #1770
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

Hi new members!!!

Feel free to PM any of the Mod Squad if you have specific questions about where to find things on the site, how to navigate the forums, or the text effects.

You can post questions about knitting in the HOW TO forum (click here), and don't forget to use our FABULOUS search feature located at the top of every page.... chances are, if you have a question, 10 other people had the same question too, and the answer is just waiting for you to find it

We strive to make this a knitting family, not just a forum. Check out the Blog Threads for a glimpse into our members' lives... sometimes TMI but always full of friendship and support.

We have several Knit-a-Longs going all the time... there is a "challenge" every month, as well as MANY other projects. You can join or start a knit-a-long anytime Don't forget to post your process and FO (finished object) in the Watcha Knittin forum!

Got Yarn? Need more? (yes, you do) If you have something to trade or sell, or are looking for notions, good deals on needles, or books, check out the Buy Sell Swap forum.

You can find knitters in your area in the Knitters Knear YOU forum and organize a knit2gether!. Some of us have been known to cross state lines--and country borders!!--to knit together!

Finally, if you're into spinning your own yarn---or if you WANT to be (we are great enablers here!)---check out the Spinning Forum .

Welcome! Have fun, make friends, and KNIT!