Old 05-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #2001
mamapaulsel
Working the Gusset

Hi,
I'm mamapaulsel and I'm fairly new to knitting. I live in southeastern South Dakota with my husband and two daughters. Currently I am knitting a second pair of socks. This is a wonderful web site and I look forward to meeting other knitters and learning from all of you.
mamapaulsel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-22-2007, 01:16 PM   #2002
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome to the forum! Hope to you like it here!

SEARCH THE BOARDS

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:34 PM   #2003
PalmettoGirl
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi! I'm new here
Hi all. I'm new to the forum. I've been lurking for awhile now & figured I might as well register. LOL.

I've been knitting for about a year and a half now. I have a Booga Bag on the needles now. I finished a baby blanket this past weekend. I'm working on another baby blanket, but this time I'm crocheting it.

I'm looking forward to meeting people here who understand the yarn addiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OTN:
  • Irish Hiking Scarf
  • Camo Socks
PalmettoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:57 PM   #2004
Kathryn58
Casting On

Hi!
I'm pretty new to knitting--I haven't done it in years, but I've picked it up again, primarily because this site is so user-friendly. I do have a question (and pardon my ignorance): I've been knitting a scarf using the English method, and am ready to bind off which I've already done to the last loop. What do I do with the last loop to keep it from unraveling? Thanks!!
Kathryn58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:59 PM   #2005
anuhea4
Casting On

I'm new as well
Hi all,
I'm brand new to knitting and attempting to make some wool soakers (practicing on acrylic yarn though) for my soon to be born daughter (well, early July hopefully). I just have a question that I'm going to try find in the previous threads. I think everytime I pearl a row, I somehow increase the number of stitches. The pattern I'm doing calls for every other row to be pearled, so one side of my piece is getting wider and wider, but the other side is staying the same size. Any ideas or words of wisdom?
Thanks,
Malia
anuhea4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #2006
kimmeee
Casting On

i'm a newbie to this knitting craze. i'm taking a knitting class at the YMCA. plus i have this cool cd set. i love it. i want to knit so many things i don't know where to start. i'm a basic starter stitcher so i don't know too many stitches, but with everyone's help i will be an expert soon. i do many other crafts too many to mention. so anyone who wants to email me or talk to me please do. i can use all the advice i can get.
kimmeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #2007
anuhea4
Casting On

Never mind, I found the great sticky thread in the How To forum. Apparently this is a common problem I've got it all figured out. Thanks!
anuhea4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:07 PM   #2008
tessie
Casting On

I-chord Necklace
I saw a beautiful necklace at a local store. It was made with I-chord stitch. I have the little machine that does i-chord. I have tried to do it with the machine and just stiching but their sample is pretty dense, it looks like they inserted something inside the i-chord so it is more dense and it looks a lot better, more sturdy as oposed to loose. Anyone knows how it was done? It has a large bead in the middle, it had shinny yarn... beautiful...
Old 05-23-2007, 01:21 AM   #2009
cadofe
Casting On

new to forum
hi. I just found this site and already have found a solution to a knitting problem I have had with a particular pattern for years. I was looking for beginner how-to's for a needlecraft class I will be teaching at a local school in the fall. I realized I did not have any beginner books any more as the last time I was a beginner or taught another beginner was over 20 years ago. LOL I looked at the videos and will be getting those for my class. The class will be grades k-12.

I am a dsahm of 12 children. One of my kids has 3 legs, one has 6 feet, and one is human.
cadofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:26 AM   #2010
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome to all of you! I can't wait for you to see what a great, friendly, and helpful community we are. I hope you like it here!

SEARCH THE BOARDS

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote