Old 05-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #2011
MommyMode
Casting On

MommyMode Again
Sorry about that. I lost my introductory email. Anyway, I learned from this website last summer how to knit. It is fabulous and I absolutely love knitting. Amy, you have done a wonderful job with this website and its friendliness shows through. Look forward to meeting lots of knitters and mommys too!
MommyMode is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #2012
fiberartisan
Casting On

I'm new ...
Hi everyone,

I'm a "lapsed" knitter; that is I learned to knit from my mom and knitted off and on in high school, college, and early married life, but then knitting gave way to calligraphy which gave way to folk art painting which gave way to quilting/crazy quilting/art quilting and there are so many quilters who knit I could no longer resist the temptation! I'm a leftie, but thanks to the videos on this site I realize I actually knit right-handed. Who knew?!

I'm literally starting from scratch - I have no idea where I stashed those needles and yarns from yesteryear - so I'm starting with a simple hat (Oregon Coast Hats from Alchemy) with their Silk Purse yarns and trying to master the art of double-point needles. Again, kudos for the videos on this site! I thought I would never get the hang of it until I realized (thanks to the video) that I was twisting the needles.

I'm sure I'll be spending a fair amount of time here!
fiberartisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:04 PM   #2013
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

welcome newbs!

fiberartisan, we have *lots* of quilters here too. Nothing like cross-crafting!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:12 PM   #2014
KatieLa
Casting On

what a great place to be!
Hello everybody,

Your videos are just unbelievably awesome! They have really helped me take my extremely elementary knitting skills to the next level. I'm now happily engaged in two parallel projects (an afghan throw for mom and cable knit scarf for a close girlfriend) and plan to embark on cute wooly socks for my nieces later this summer.

I've been at it for just about five months now. My first project was a scarf for my boyfriend - the relationship didn't last but hey, at least it served one purpose! I'm a recovering career woman who walked away from a high-powered job in the investment industry two years ago and am finding more to love about life with each passing day. I'm thrilled to be a part of this community and looking forward to gaining helpful tips, wisdom and insights from all of you - and hopefully giving back in kind!

Warm wishes,
Katie Lamb
KatieLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #2015
LYakavonis
Casting On

Hello!
I'm a new knitter and just happened upon this site. I'm very excited and glad to join experienced knitters!
LYakavonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:49 PM   #2016
Jkelley15
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to Jkelley15
Having a little trouble logging in here.
I am not a new knitter, but a new blogger on this site.
I knitted a lot when I was younger, even taught girls to knit in 4-H for a few years.
I took it up again last fall when my husband was going through treatment and received a bone marrow transplant. Knitting has helped me maintain my sanity. My problem at the moment is that I have developed tendonitis in my thumb and wrist area. My thumb keeps going numb. I am frustrated and anxious to get back to my projects.
I am so thrilled with the new interest in knitting and all the fantastic yarns available. Knitting has come a long way since I last made anything.
Jkelley15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #2017
Doodknitwit
Working the Gusset

Hi,
thanks for the warm welcome. love knitting when I'm not working.. if I'm sitting, I'm knitting...
Doodknitwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:00 PM   #2018
elvinap
Casting On

Hi there..
I have crocheted a lot but am now learning to knit at 73 years of age!!! Quite a change... I have done lots of scarves and a few baby blankets in different stitches but nothing complicated yet. One of my first goals is making a layette set..

I am a VERY busy person so I don't get to the computer often... so be patient with me... Elvina
elvinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #2019
machugger
Casting On

I just love this site, it's been a wonderful resource for all my knitting questions!

I'm a occasional knitter who longs to really jump in. I've got a nicely sized stash of yarn that I love and want to use up, and about 7 projects going and none completed. I can't even seem to complete a scarf. I think I must be the laziest or most distracted person ever.

My biggest problem is tension, and I hope that when I can manage to knit more, the practice will help me loosen up and get more even with my stiches.

I also want to learn to crochet, just to stack another unused hobby on top of my sky high pile.
machugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #2020
polkaqueen
Casting On

hello from polkaqueen
This an neat site. I joined yesterday and already received alot of good answer to my question. Thanks Elaine
polkaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote