mintdee
Working the Gusset

Welcome to everyone! We are very glad that you decided to join us

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. Aristotle

OTN:
sweater from hell for TJ
simple socks
mintdee is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-23-2007, 08:02 PM   #2022
knitbunnie
Casting On

New to the site - teach knitting and need class ideas
Hi,

I'm new to the KnittingHelp forum. My name is Bonnie, I'm a pediatric nurse throughout a children's hospital where I encourage coworkers to knit/crochet/sew for all our patients from premies to 21 year olds. I've taught a number of my coworkers how to knit.

I've been crocheting since I was 4 years old (1954) and knitting since I was 12 or 13. My mother taught me to crochet and my sister taught me to knit.

I teach classes at a local yarn shop and get paid in yarn. I meet the nicest people there. My current classes are 1. How to fix your mistakes, 2. The Lucy Bag (pattern from Two Old Bags) and 3. Continental Knitting with the project being a simple felted bag.

I'm always on the lookout for some good ideas for new classes to teach. I'd love to hear what all of you think your dream class would be.

Knit, knit, knit,

Bonnie in Toledo, Ohio
Old 05-23-2007, 10:02 PM   #2023
yarnpatch
Casting On

I'm a fan, Amy. Thanks for the site.

Is anyone knitting the corset shown on DIY this spring by Annie Modesitt? I'm about 8" into it and deeply admire and appreciate Annie's design skills, but I am a little concerned that the armholes might be a bit small because of my gauge. My DIL may get another of my handknitted sweaters!

This is my first post to this group and I'm looking forward to participating.

Yarnpatch in East Tennessee
yarnpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:19 PM   #2024
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome, everyone! This is the best forum there is!!!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:29 PM   #2025
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome, new members! Hope you like it here!

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:46 PM   #2026
nadja la claire
Working the Gusset

Welcome

Nadja

Claire

My Yarn Stash is a Treasure Chest

nadja la claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:35 PM   #2027
knewcaknitter
Casting On

Knew to the site!
Hello! I am fairly new to the site...and knitting overall. My aunt from PA taught me and for the longest time it was all scarves!

I am a 23 year old Californian...and love love love the site. It is so user friendly especially with all of the How-To videos!

Happy Knitting!
Jessica
knewcaknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:31 AM   #2028
JanKnit
Casting On

Hello There :)
Hi!
My name is Janet (do you like the play on the name for my SN? lol)
I have wanted to learn to knit for a long time and finally just decided to stop waiting for someone to help me, and help myself. I picked up a "teach yourself to knit" kit at Wal-Mart but the book was ridiculous to understand. I couldn't figure out the cast on and even my DH had trouble getting it (and he's good with directions!).

So, I went to another forum I visit every day, asked around and was sent here. I learned to cast on in no time at all just by watching the video!

I am just doing a regular stockinette knit (is that what it's called?) right now and making a potholder - I think LOL - even if it doesn't really turn into anything I don't care. I've learned something new and I am HOOKED!

I hope it will be okay to be "needy" because I'll have lots of questions. But I'm a quick learner and look forward to the day when I can accomplish some of the awsome patterns I've seen (I'd love to do a knitted parasol for my teen girl )

On a personal note:
I am 35 years old. I've been married for 18 years. We have 4 children ages 17, 15, 5, and 4.
I homeschool the youngest two and have given my teen girl the option if she wants to ... hs'ing her would be fun - she's a really cool kid

Anything else you want to know? Just ask me. I figure it's only fair since I'll be asking you all questions soon enough LOL

~Janet

Last edited by JanKnit : 05-24-2007 at 01:14 AM.
JanKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:08 AM   #2029
hilstranter
Casting On

Hello, It's 24 May 07 and this is my first post. I'm in London and wondered if there are any other fans of your site in East Dulwich SE22...
Love the site, and the sharing ethos you all have.
I've been working too hard and m need of some knit therapy - hope to get rund to sharing some of my 'creations' soon!
Keep on knitting.
Hils
Old 05-24-2007, 05:51 AM   #2030
monika11352
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to monika11352
Good Morning, and thank you for the message. I could not remember that I did not introduce myself here, so I will do it now. My name is Monika, I am 55 years young, work full time and have been happily married to my husband John for 34 years. Between his, mine and ours, we have 5 children, 1 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren. I knit and crochet both since I was a little girl and currently am on a dishcloth kick while I am riding a train to work, one of my at home projects is a shawl in 'grandma's favorite' pattern, as well as baby socks for my smallest granddaughter - she will be 1 year old next month. I look forward to meeting lots of new cyberfriends and hopefully learn some new things here.
monika11352 is offline   Reply With Quote