Old 05-24-2007, 08:01 AM   #2031
pinaysosexy
Casting On

hi, im new here!

ive been watching the videos to learn how to knit and it's been very helpful.. i love knitting now!
thank you so much for this website..

my name is diane, ive always wanted to knit something for my baby and now i can after learning with the videos you have.. i just started a month ago and ive finished soakers, shorties and skirty for my daughter..

very excited to try your forum board..
pinaysosexy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #2032
leedsfan
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi
Hi just joined the forum,been married for 21 years,2 sons age 21 and 14,i love knitting and have been knitting for 26 years,i suffer from depression and knitting helps me,look forward to chatting with you all.
leedsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #2033
Rosemarie5
Casting On

Hi My name is Rosemarie, I am a Grandmothe of 5. I love to knit, Crochet, and Cross Stitch. I have used this site hundreds of times. I am always amazed at the visual instructions and have learned many new stitches. I learned to knit and crochet at a young age and then life happened and I became to busy. After my mom died, I used the crafts she taught me as solace for my loss because she was the one who taught me. Now I cannot go one day without knitting, crocheting or doing some sort of craft. In fact I usually have 2 or 3 projects going at once. I read all the messages and its like have a coffee klach without leaving home. Thanks
Old 05-24-2007, 09:13 AM   #2034
mintdee
Working the Gusset

Welcome everyone! Surf around the forum and join in the fun! We are an easy going group that I know you will enjoy

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. Aristotle

OTN:
sweater from hell for TJ
simple socks
mintdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:24 AM   #2035
leedsfan
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by mintdee View Post
Welcome everyone! Surf around the forum and join in the fun! We are an easy going group that I know you will enjoy

Thank you,so much to read,and its a busy forum.
leedsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:28 AM   #2036
mom232
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via MSN to mom232 Send a message via Yahoo to mom232
I this site. It has helped me a great deal in learning how to knit. I am self taught [w/help from this site]. I learned to knit about 4 months ago and of course I'm addicted!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:00 AM   #2037
jncjnsn
Casting On

Hi Everyone:
I love this sight. I have used it many times and just found out about the forum a few days ago. I love to knit and crochet. I really love to knit socks.
I am a mother of five and a grandmother of 14. My husband and I married 3 years ago so my family grew leaps and bounds. We also have one very spoiled cat named Sami.
Thank you for a fantastic sight.
Janice
jncjnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:30 AM   #2038
tlbgranny2000
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to tlbgranny2000 Send a message via MSN to tlbgranny2000 Send a message via Yahoo to tlbgranny2000
Itroduction of MEEEEEE
Good Morning Everyone.
I was kindly reminded that I had not posted or introduced myself. So, I'm a mom of 3, grandmother of 2 and half...None live near me and miss them all.
I had never had a desire to learn to knit until I met my husband. He wanted a "Dr. Who" scraf, sci-fi nut..so, I was falling in love and told him I would do it...Well, it took me one year and almost $600 to complete it, all made with Jo Sharp DK Wool, and seven different colors. He has not wore it once..lol..go figure ...I will post a picture of it soon. I do however have a question as how to store it and perserve it. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I have also knitted one other, much shorter, scraf. I'm almost finished with a sweater for myself and in process of knitting a baby blanket for new baby due in Nov this year.
Right before I learned to knit, I also learned how to crochet thru my mother..She had been trying for 30+ yrs to teach me..I'm a lefty and was hard to figure out. But I did and completed 5 queen size afghans, so I stay pretty busy.
But thats a brief intro to myself and my knitting/crocheting habits...Hope to meet others in the area, get me out of the house.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #2039
MoMoF_7
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to MoMoF_7 Send a message via MSN to MoMoF_7 Send a message via Yahoo to MoMoF_7
Just wanted to say hello :)
Hello everyone,

My name is Stacy from Knightdale, NC. I have five children four girls and one boy ages 15, 9, 2, and twin 15 month olds. And two stepsons 20, and 18, so total that makes seven kids altogether. I have been crocheting since I was 10 but taught myself to knit 5 years ago and I love it. I made my son a blanket, a sweater for myself, scarfs, slippers, and now I am working on a vest for my husband. I love making things for my family. And when I am not taken care for kids, I am studying. I went back to school to get my Associates in medical billing & Coding. That's why I love knitting, it's so relaxing at the end of the day.
MoMoF_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:18 PM   #2040
dancemom
Casting On

Hi guys, I have been browsing this site for a while, and finally decided to join. I love reading the posts and knowing that I am not the only one who makes mistakes in my knitting!
dancemom is offline   Reply With Quote