Old 05-24-2007, 12:30 PM   #2041
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,751 Times in 7,121 Posts
Welcome to all the new members!

Take some time to look around at the different forums to see how we are set up. There are forums for questions, sharing, knit-a-longs etc. At the top of the forum there are some tabs that have videos, patterns, glossary, etc. There are sticky posts that offer helpful information on various topics at the top of each forum as well.

Feel free to ask questions if you need help. There is also a handy search feature that can give you a wealth of information from users who may have asked the same question when they were learning.
Search the forum

In addition to the videos here in KH here's a few more helpful sites.
Lion Brand - Learn to knit
Knitting at Noon Videos

This will also help you out.
Forum Abbreviations

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-24-2007, 01:00 PM   #2042
Pink
Casting On

Hi!
I'm glad to find your site. I found it while looking for a hat pattern that I can knit while flying to the Czech Republic...about 13 hours...
I don't want to carry too much yarn but would like to have something to do when I tire of reading or sleeping. Thanks for the videos. I'm sure I will use them in the future.
Pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:07 PM   #2043
joaniecomelately
Casting On

Hi, I'm a new member - today. This is a great site. I'm hear looking advice on cast on methods for linen. Which is the best? I hate the long tail cast on so I'm hoping I can bet by with the cable cast on.
joaniecomelately is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:32 PM   #2044
cinders
Casting On

hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm 44, happily maried with 3 kids and 2 cats! I returned to knitting 2 years ago to help with ill health and am hooked. I'm a yarnaholic although I've been ordered by he who must be obeyed to cool it for a while and finnish the 15 projects I have lined up.
I love knitpicks yarn and am very miffed that they dont post to the U.K! my little sis lives in Kingston ontario so she is my go between!
look forward to chating to you all.
cinders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #2045
Gayle
Casting On

I was pleased tobe remembered--if only electronically The last time I posted, I was working on a wonderful sweater and had hopes of having it completed in time to take on our vacation to Vermont in June. However, we got a new kitten during that time (October, actually) and he decided that chewing on my circular needle connection tube and my gorgeous cotton yarn was the best thing in the world. Sadly, the sweater has been in storage since then, unfinished. I do hope to complete it next fall--at least, I hope Grover is over his chewing by then So, no sweaters or any other knitting for me yet. I am confined to the sewing machine. But, as soon as I am able, I will be back with tons of questions because I am not at all sure I will be able to pick up where I left off!
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #2046
POLLI
Casting On

Hello Everyone,
I'm POLLI, I live in Massena, NY, about 10 minutes from the Canadain border. I learned to knit from my mom when I was a teenager, I'm a self taught crocheter. I retired about 5 years ago and have picked up my knitting needles. I'm trying my first lace knitting, I'm making the Clementine Shawlette from Interweave Knit magazine. Got my kit in th mail today.
POLLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:17 PM   #2047
StefannyJo
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello
I am a beginner, even though I taught myself to knit 3 years ago. Another baby came along and I found my hands full with 2 infants and work.
I decided to pick it back up to knit a friend a baby blanket. Then a cousin is pregnant and I want to knit her some wash clothes.

I found this website after I discovered I had forgotten how to cast on and bind off and I couldn't find my books!!! I love this site. I can't say how much I love this site.
Thank you!
StefannyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #2048
Liliana
Casting On

Hi
I am new in this forum, I am a novice knitter and I have done many videos from this site and found them very helpfull. This is a very interesting forum to be in and I am very greatful that I can belong here.
Regards
Liiana
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #2049
esiuol
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I have been knitting for over a year now and I love it. I look forward to making new friends and chatting with each of you.
esiuol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #2050
klk69
Casting On

Hi!
After hanging around this site for a few months and watching all the videos, I finally decided to join the forum. I'm looking forward to sharing information with everyone (well, I'll probably be mostly GETTING information, so thanks in advance!)

My son calls me the "knitting knerd" but he assures me that it's OK because "everyone's a nerd about SOMETHING, mommy!"
klk69 is offline   Reply With Quote