Old 05-30-2007, 06:56 PM   #2161
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome! There's a place here where you can post pictures of Pasha. Hope you like it here!

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 05-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #2162
stirsmommy
Turning the Heel

Hi I am new
Hi
Melissa here. When we moved to MN a few months ago I joined a knitting group to get to know people. I went the first night knowing how to cast on knit and purl. I couldn't een bind off and hadn't even tried to knit since I was a girl. After the first meeting I was excited but couldn't remember a thing. I did remember that one of the ladies on the homeschooling board I read had suggested this site. It saved me. So far I have knitted a couple of scarves, a pair of slippers and now have a cottage creations wallaby on my needles. Even my eleven year old daughter has picked up sticks after watching the videos.
Now if I can get throug all of the boxes sitting in our new house hopefully I will finish the wallaby and post pictures
Melissa
stirsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #2163
4429club
Casting On

New to Forum - Hello
I have referred to this site for years. I discovered it one sleepless night when hot flashes made my #3 double pointed needles hair ornaments to get my hair off my neck. I recently sent the link to this site to a person I had not seen since our girls were in high school. Mostly I wanted her to read the wonderful and beautifully written bio by our site creator and send it to her daughter who has had a bumpy journey. Now, I am stumped by a pattern with no name, no heritage. It is just a copy of a pattern for a sweater I started years ago. I never write on patterns and so this piece of paper is an orphan with no history. I have the front and back of this little sweater done. The yarn, needles, and pattern were in a tiny stuff sack. I would like to finish myUFO's before I buy another skein of yarn. Can anyone tell me how to do the twists in a cable when the instructions are T2R and T2L?
Thanks, 4429club
4429club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #2164
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome to the forum!

4429club-
T2R (twist two right)- slip 2 stitches to a cable needle and hold at the back. Knit 2 stitches from the left needle, and then 2 from the cable needle.

T2L (twist two left)- slip 2 stitches to a cable needle and hold in the front. Knit 2 from the left needle and then the 2 from the cable needle. The different holds create the different cable twists.

Hope you like it here!

BTW- There is a section specifically for questions, and you would get many more responses there.

BradenCS on Ravelry
Old 05-31-2007, 12:10 AM   #2165
PammieJR
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to PammieJR
Hello ALL!

I have been to this website I don't know how many times since I discovered it about a year ago and just tonight I noticed there was a message board (smacks forehead)..oh well, I'm here now!!

My name is Pam and I am 33 years old...I am an archaeologist and a new transplant to the San Diego area! I have been knitting for about 12 years now and I am totally ADDICTED!

My mom has even coined a phrase for it...one time when I was in town visiting her, I actually...are you ready...had NO knitting projects with me! I know, and it was awful..we actually had to make a trip to the yarn store to get some yarn and needles so I could work on something. She called it having the "Knitter Jitters." I no longer travel without my knitting...

Anyway, I am sure I will enjoy talking to you all and I am trying intarsia for the first time... so I bet I am going to have some questions, too!
Old 05-31-2007, 12:24 AM   #2166
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome. I think you are our first archeologist but I could be wrong. We have just about every other occupation represented. So glad you joined.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:47 AM   #2167
Char52
Casting On

Hi I'm new
This is my first time here...I am a pretty new sock knitter. Just finished my first pair. AM going to Petaluma next week to hear the yarnharlot. Looking forward to hearing her speak
Char52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:09 AM   #2168
worthy
Casting On

Hello from KY
I knitted many years ago and started again about 3 years ago! I have 3 granddaughters who have been the talk of their town with their knitted hats. I love knitting for them. I am now making socks for myself as well as a sweater.
worthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #2169
smokeyp81
Casting On

First time poster!
Hi all!

I really am not new....I have lurked here for a really looooong time. I just decided to post for the first time!

My name is Heather and I am 44 years old. I am married to Mark and have no children....unless you count my 7 year old chocolate lab Madison!

I have been knitting for a few years. I have knitted everything from scarves, socks, ft clogs....I have yet to attempt my first sweater though.....maybe this fall.

I am really glad to be here!
smokeyp81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:26 AM   #2170
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome, everybody!

BradenCS on Ravelry