Old 06-01-2007, 02:09 PM   #2191
craftn56
Casting On

I just joined...
Good afternoon everyone...
I'm usually knitting but decided to take a break. Everything I knit or crochet goes to charity.. I hope to be able to help and learn as time goes on.. Have a great day...

Smiles,
craftn56
craftn56 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #2192
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome everybody! Hope you like it here. Take a look around and see how we're set up, there are boards for every topic you could think of. If you have any questions, you can be sure they will get answered.

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:20 PM   #2193
sbean
Casting On

Hi,
This web site and knitting newbie here. It looks like I can learn to knit with these videos. How cool!
I'm a long time crocheter and a left-hander. With crochet I hold my hook in my left hand and the yarn in my right hand. Would that be the same for knitting?
sbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 03:23 PM   #2194
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome! Great to have a new member. The videos here are for right handed knitting, but you can place them up to a mirror and it shows it left handed. But, it might be better if a mod copied your post to the questions board, and then a leftie could help you more.

Done! S. Bean look for answers to your question in the How To Questions formum

Your Friends, The Mod Squad.

BradenCS on Ravelry

Last edited by Jeremy : 06-01-2007 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #2195
lauralu
Casting On

new here and searching Video Baby Cable Rib ?
Hi my name is Silvia and I found this site by searching via google for a video showng the kitchener stitch. Now I am here , really enjoying all the things I found yet and started a new search for Baby Cable Rib(wihtout extra needle only knit2tog and from the first st a new one to 2 sts on the right needle)...I know how to make it but a friend is searching pictures/viedo showing this because I cannot explain the technic very well....
Wish you a nice day....silvia
lauralu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 05:10 PM   #2196
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome Everyone.

Sbean. I copied your question to the How To Questions Forum, have a look there for advice from fellow lefties.

Karen P. I copied your question to the Pattern forum for help there.

Don't be shy with questions. There are lots of helpful people here.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:07 PM   #2197
Possum
Casting On

Hi! I've been using the knittinghelp videos for a few months now as I've been developing my knitting from the ability to knit a garter stitch scarf to now being able to do short rows and kitchener stitch among other things. I got into knitting properly after deciding to knit up some woollen longies for my DS to go over his modern cloth nappies. Now I'm branching out into socks and beanies as it is getting quite cold here (I'm in south-eastern Australia).
So, hello, and I'll just pull up a chair and a steaming hot chocolate milk and make myself right at home. Nice to meet you all!
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #2198
jplescher
Casting On

Hi everyone:

My name is Jan and I've been knitting since October of last year. I take weekly lessons with a small group of ladies. We spend a good part of our evening laughing and enjoying the company of each other. I was browsing around looking for a website that might help me when I found this one. I'm thrilled to be a part of it. Several weeks ago I was shown how to do a cross stitch lattice which has a 24 row repitation. Having many senior moments lately, I have forgotten how to do the pattern. Is someone out there able to help me out? Thanks, a fellow knitter
jplescher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:13 PM   #2199
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome! I'm sure a moderator will copy your post to the questions board, or you can post there for many more responses. But, don't worry about asking questions in the "wrong" boards--we're not picky.

BradenCS on Ravelry
Old 06-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #2200
zarzamora
Casting On

Location: In a small house, in a little village, in the countryside, an hour on the train from London
Hello!

Just joined today and popped on to say hello.

I arrived here while doing a search for some help on a project I am just starting (Pirate Queen's Booty Bag - available free on the net if you want a peek). This is intended for my eldest who is leaving home this summer to work and travel before uni Thought a hand knitted thingy from me would be appropriate and she loves the whole pirate thing. Am knitting it in Jet and Silver Cascade and will be back often for help with the double knitting thing, I am sure

I have been knitting on and off - probably more off - since I was a child in the 60's and learned to crochet then too, this is not nearly as popular here as knitting and there are not that many good patterns but I have noticed a few more in the magazines lately.

Well, thats a bit about me.

This looks a great site, thank you very much.

Best wishes, zarz x
zarzamora is offline   Reply With Quote