Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #2201
dip's mom
1st Leg of the Journey

I just registered although I have been lurking for several months now. I became a grandmother a year ago and that was when I started to knit again. (My mom had taught all of us kids once upon a time.) I knit my grand daughter a sweater, hat and booties and have been knitting ever since. I recently finished my first lace project which was the lace tabbard in Meg Swanson's lace book ( I forget the name). If I can find my camera I will try to post a picture.
dip's mom is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-02-2007, 04:47 PM   #2202
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome everybody! Dip's mom- the book you're thinking of is A Gathering of Lace edited by Meg Swansen. The designs are from the people who attend her knitting camp.

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #2203
micaelarauch
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to micaelarauch
Hi Everybody!
I tried to find an answer to my problem and although I haven't yet, I joined this fabulous group. Thank you in advance for your help. I am a new knitter, much more ambitious than skilled, learning from you all. I want to know if it is possible to unravel a cast on edge to remove a bad row and then cast it off. I am working on a stockinette baby blanket and I mistakenly knitted the first row after a long tail cast on. The resulting garter ridge annoys me, and I think it contributes to the curling of the bottom of the blanket. Of course tha sane thing would have been to frog and start over but the amount of stches to cast on was very daunting!
Thanks everyone,
Miki
micaelarauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:01 PM   #2204
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome!

You can't unravel from the cast on row up. What you can do is stick the needle in a row of stitches just above the error, and then cut the cast on edge off, and then you can cast off normally.

BTW- We have a board for questions, but don't be scared about posting in the "wrong" board. We're not picky.

BradenCS on Ravelry
Old 06-02-2007, 09:17 PM   #2205
shaylasmom
Casting On

I have been using the videos for about a year now but only just now registering. I tried to learn how to knit by written instruction and a PBS fund drive episode but I just wasn't getting all that I needed. I found this site and it has served me well with every visit. Love the videos and the patterns I used to learn. Thanks so much for your love of knitting.
shaylasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 09:46 PM   #2206
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome Everyone. Glad you joined us.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy For This Useful Post:
knitwit88 (06-08-2007)
Old 06-02-2007, 11:13 PM   #2207
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome, new members!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Old 06-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #2208
Twinnish
Casting On

Greetings!
Hi folks!

I've beem knitting for a couple of months now. Which is to say, I've got a few wonky rectangles made, including a huge blue one that is supposed to be a shawl. When you hold it up to the window the yarnovers, er, that aren't supposed to be there, twinkle like stars in the night sky! Let's not even discuss the puckering on one side. Makes it fit nicely on my shoulders!

But that's ok, because I learned a lot. My latest project, the first from an actual pattern (as opposed to Make garter stitch for umpteen rows, BO) is the MDK warshrag. Sure, it's not very complex, but it took me an hour to find out how to do a yarn forward!!! And I found the answer here! Of course, it's full of errors and has lots of wonky bits, but I'm proud of it, and working on another one, like a crack fiend who can't get enough!

So thanks, all! I'm very happy to be here!
Twinnish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 10:18 AM   #2209
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the club Twinish. I'm glad you aren't giving up. When I was begining, I consoled myself with the thought that even if I had to frog a project I had gained in knowledge. For a while there it seemed every project had to be frogged three or four times before I was able to get it going.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #2210
Braden
Instepping Out

Jeremy, that's exactly how I started. Welcome, new members! Hope you like it here.

BradenCS on Ravelry