Old 06-07-2007, 05:24 PM   #2261
SusanAnn
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi, my name is Susan and I have just learnt to cast on using the brilliant video you have

I'm forty five, live in the eastern part of the UK with my husband and three sons. I'm learning to knit as my youngest son keeps asking me to make him a stripey scarf...I may have to ask for some help!
SusanAnn is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #2262
Aussiekaz
Casting On

Hi All, I'm Karen from Australia and have been lurking for a few weeks now and finally joined up.

I am a mad keen knitter and as we are in winter here right now its the perfect time to knit all those projects~!

Karen :happydancing:
Old 06-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #2263
five_six
Turning the Heel

Hi Karen, welcome to the forum. Where in Aus are you?

If a little dreaming is dangerous, then the cure is not to dream less, but to dream more... to dream all the time! - Proust

currently recruiting for the war i am waging on time, there will be many casualties, but we will be victorious
five_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #2264
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome Everyone
Don't be afraid to post questions in the How To Questions Forum.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:34 AM   #2265
ahkatelier
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello everyone
I am a fairly new knitter. This will be my 3rd summer knitting. I live in Redlands California. This looks like a pretty nice group. I actually joined because I saw a couple of posts looking for groups to knit with. I thought I could share where I go. There a nice bunch of women who meet.
I often go knitting at Knitting Knight at the Yarn Deli in Redlands. I have received a lot of help from Sharon and Becky there. We meet every Wednesday from 6-9 pm. They do not scrutinize that you have bought all your knitting supplies from them. It is a pretty new store with a limited selection of yarns, though they have some really nice ones that are natural fibers.
It's nice to be a part of your group.
Allison
ahkatelier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:57 AM   #2266
Jenny Anne
Casting On

Knitting for Olive
Hello to everyone, My name is Jenny Anne and I live in Sydney, Australia. I do love to knit, crochet and quilt in between looking after my 86 year old mother and sewing my own clothes, not to mention my husband and gorgeous poodle 'Ani'. Soon to be a grandmother, for the first time, at the early age of 54! Baby due in October 07 (we have knicknamed the baby 'Olive" because he/she was only the size of an olive when we saw the first ultrasound). So here I am madly knitting up tiny things for Olive and making too many mistakes. Knowing that my efforts will be closely scrutinized by a very clever mother-to-be daughter Samantha, I am endeavouring to improve (as one always does). It was persistence that led me to this wonderful place and thanks to Kiniting Help I have already found the answer to the problem I needed to solve! One question though, can I and if so, how can I, post pictures of my finished work to share with all our knitters. Modestly yours, Jenny Anne
Jenny Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:03 AM   #2267
Jenny Anne
Casting On

Hi Karen, I have just joined knittinghelp too. Do you live in Sydney? I live in Cronulla. Jenny Anne.
Jenny Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #2268
Given to Faith
Casting On

Hi
I've been looking for a while and just registered. I look forward to all I can learn here.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 AM   #2269
Luna Scarlet
Casting On

Hey, everybody! My name is Laura, I'm 22 and I started knitting a few months ago, I used the portuguese method, but I switched to continental because it was faster and easier to follow amy's videos! I hope that I can learn a lot here
Luna Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #2270
nadja la claire
Working the Gusset

HOWDY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Welcome new friends

You've come to the right place for friendly help, enabling and support.

Nadja

Claire

My Yarn Stash is a Treasure Chest

nadja la claire is offline   Reply With Quote