Old 06-10-2007, 01:42 PM   #2301
bajanKnit
Knitting the Flap

Hiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi everyone just saying hi I just joined this forum..I am very new to knitting and am teaching myself from watching Diy knitty gritting with the awsome Vicky Howell however i have to give props to this site as well because many times i have had to source this site to seee the videos to get mwe throught a difficult tasks thanks to knittinghelp.com as well.My rreason for joining this forum to to get some more help because i live in the carribbean http://www.barbados.org/do.htmand there is no need for winter garments so i have problems find things to knit that i could use especislly for a very very begginner and everything i learn comes from the internet and honestly sometime i would like to see intructions rather than read them so i hope this forum will be able to help me.
bajanKnit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-10-2007, 01:46 PM   #2302
KnittingNat
Instepping Out

Welcome, around the world knitters!
KnittingNat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #2303
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome, international knitters! It's great to have you, and I hope you like it here!

And, we are a very helpful community, so we could definately help you with finding beginner patterns. Check the "Pattern Central" board for ideas, there are thousands of patterns listed there.

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #2304
Susan M
Casting On

Picot stitch question
Hi I am Susan from Michigan..I am a self taught contin..knitter and have been knitting for several years now. I am in the midst of knitting a jumper that has a lace like hem that is a picot stitch..it says to slip two as to knit, knit one then of course slip the two back..but in parens it says sk2p which is not the same as slipping two..have any of you done this stitch before? It isn't hard just don't want to waste alot of time. Thank you. Hope you are having splendid weather like we are currently. Susan
Susan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #2305
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by bajanKnit View Post
Hi everyone just saying hi I just joined this forum..I am very new to knitting and am teaching myself from watching Diy knitty gritting with the awsome Vicky Howell however i have to give props to this site as well because many times i have had to source this site to seee the videos to get mwe throught a difficult tasks thanks to knittinghelp.com as well.My rreason for joining this forum to to get some more help because i live in the carribbean http://www.barbados.org/do.htmand there is no need for winter garments so i have problems find things to knit that i could use especislly for a very very begginner and everything i learn comes from the internet and honestly sometime i would like to see intructions rather than read them so i hope this forum will be able to help me.
Welcome. I copied your post to the Pattern Central Forum and titled it "Warm Weather knits". Have a look there soon. I'll bet you get some nice responses.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #2306
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
Hi I am Susan from Michigan..I am a self taught contin..knitter and have been knitting for several years now. I am in the midst of knitting a jumper that has a lace like hem that is a picot stitch..it says to slip two as to knit, knit one then of course slip the two back..but in parens it says sk2p which is not the same as slipping two..have any of you done this stitch before? It isn't hard just don't want to waste alot of time. Thank you. Hope you are having splendid weather like we are currently. Susan
Hi Susan, Welcome

I copied your post to the How to Questions forum. I'm sure you'll get some answers there soon.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:02 PM   #2307
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Zebragirlnz View Post
Hi! My name is Deb, I live in NZ, I am 28 years old and my Dad taught me to knit when I was 10. I never really grasped it back then, but got into it a couple of years ago, while Dad was sick in hospital. It helped pass the time while he was sleeping etc. Unfortunately Dad passed away on July 16, 2005 from his brain tumour, but I am still knitting. Its something that reminds me of him, something I have because of him, and something that only he and I shared an interest in (my sisters weren't interested) so its a special thing for me. I haven't pulled out my needles in a few months, been busy with a new job, and the summer heat doesn't encourage knitting! Plus the store I get my knitting supplies from, cuts right back to basic wool in the summer, and that's not too inspiring! But winter has arrived, and the craving for the wool and needles has finally won! Pulled out my stash, and have been inspired to try a hooded scarf! I hate my ears getting cold! I know I will be coming back to the forum many times for hints and lots of help! Would be good to make some friends that share my addiction. Lots of people call me an old granny when they find out I knit! Hope to get to know you all soon.
Welcome I was very moved to read how you learned to knit. There are lots of friends here you haven't met yet, including several from NZ. Keep coming back
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy For This Useful Post:
Zebragirlnz (06-10-2007)
Old 06-10-2007, 05:43 PM   #2308
kaytee
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to kaytee
Hi, I'm KT, a new knitter. I love it. I've made about 7 scarves, 5 washcloths, and 1 beanie. I just moved to Washington, USA. My boyfriends mom was the one who taught me how to knit but since we moved from California I've been teaching myself. I'm still learning how to use these forums, but I'm excited to be here. I hope to make some new friends also.
kaytee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #2309
dixygrl
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to dixygrl
Introduction
Hello All,

This is my first post on site. I am not quite sure that I am posting correctly so please let me know if I need to post another way. Thank you all for allowing me to join your group. I have used the knitting.com videos and love Knit Pick needles. I just knitted my very first lace shawl and am in love now. I am currently trying to learn double knitting by chart and am not having much success to date but will keep going ahead. Once again, thank you and look forward to getting to know you all. Deborah
dixygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #2310
Falling2311
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via AIM to Falling2311
so i forgot to introduce myself when i first joined the forum so I figured it was better late than never. My name's Courtneyand i live in ATL but i was born in chicago along with the rest of my family all of who still live there. No one in my family does anything crafty which is i think why i wanted to learn. i lik being different and I lik feeling i can actually do something productive and useful. i started about a year and a half ago but i didn't get much done in that time until i decided i was going to make everyone in my family something for their birthday. i'm still scared to take on patterns other than scarves but i hav done a caliometry, roses, and a poncho. ummmmmm, i'm 19, in college, considering becoming a high school history teacher...?
well, i guess i'm done. btw, this is a great site- this site is actually how i learned to knit and hav learned to do everything because i'm a very visual person. so awesome website! and for those who hav answered my posts in the past and helped me out thanks a bunch! ^_^ i really appreciate it!
Courtney
Falling2311 is offline   Reply With Quote