Old 06-10-2007, 09:26 PM   #2311
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome Everyone.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:30 AM   #2312
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome! Hope you like the forum, we're a very friendly community!

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:00 AM   #2313
jacknjadesmom
Casting On

Hello
Hello everyone!
I am new to the site and absolutely love it! I learned how to knit a year ago by a family member and still need help on certain things, but learning. This site has helped me so much!
I had been busy and had put knitting on the back burner until Sept 06, when my father was diagnosed w/ cancer. We spent many nights and days at a cancer center so I took up knitting again. I now knit on a regular basis and have decided to knit hats for those going through cancer. If any out there does the same or has any suggestions, let me know!
Thanks and have a great day,
Jessica
jacknjadesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #2314
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome Jessica.

I'm very sorry about your dad, I hope he is doing better. I Googled the words "chemo caps" and got a number of sites with patterns.
Here is one of them. I'll also copy your post to the charity knitting forum here to see what other people have in mind or are doing already.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #2315
RosePlummer
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi all I'm Rose Plummer. I have decided to learn how to knit and I really hope to get to know everyone.

I have 1 2.5 ounce skien of cotton and 1 pair of size 8 needles and 1 book of dishcloth patterns and this site. Other than that I have no clue
RosePlummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #2316
Nikki Knits
Casting On

TYVM
Thank You Very Much for this GREAT website. I'm very appreciative of all your efforts, Amy. I love to knit, have many projects in the works, but always in need of help. I'm very hopeful that I can learn
a lot here. I'm very excited that I found you.
Nikki Knits

Last edited by Nikki Knits : 06-11-2007 at 01:38 PM. Reason: I'm not good with computers and can't get to ask my question.
Nikki Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 02:35 PM   #2317
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by RosePlummer View Post
Hi all I'm Rose Plummer. I have decided to learn how to knit and I really hope to get to know everyone.

I have 1 2.5 ounce skien of cotton and 1 pair of size 8 needles and 1 book of dishcloth patterns and this site. Other than that I have no clue
Go to the Basic Techniques videos and look at casting on first. Then look at the knitting videos. Once you have those down, give purling a try. We're here to help so come back to the How to questions section with any question at all. Believe me, there is no question out there that has not already been asked. We all began sometime so we are especially attentive to beginers
Old 06-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #2318
lily67
Casting On

Videos are a great help

Hello, I'm Lily, who is very grateful for the videos. I learned to knit in a Mary Maxim sweater class once a week completing 2. But since then crocheted more. However, I did make a Knitted baby afghan in a lacy pattern. Now, I am in the process of learning to knit a baby cardigan from the top down. It uses terminology I had not known of. I did not know how to join a body. I thought I knew how to CO, only to find there were more than one way in the midst of a row, not using the double strand method which I was familiar with! I have never knitted in the round, so these sleeves will be my first time with 5 dpns which I want to learn to use; want to use 2 cirs also.
So I guess, you know I will be havning a lot of questions. Thanks in advance, to all you giving, experienced knitters to the many of us aspiring to become good enough to in turn help others.
Lily
lily67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:48 PM   #2319
yetish
Casting On

Hello, another newcomer here.

Well, there's not much to say about myself, except I currently live in Texas and in September I'm going off to college in Chicago, so I've been frantically knitting these past few months to prepare myself for the climate change This community seems like a great place to share ideas, and I'm excited to be a part of it!
yetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:19 AM   #2320
bpenatzer
Casting On

wow
Hello everyone, what a wonderful site. I like many of you, have quite a stash of yarn at home and am always looking for new ideas. Just started with Mericash. what a wonderful soft yarn, so different from the bulkies I usually use. love the idea of shipping a project around and of course like doing the charity projects. look forward to chatting and knitting with you. Barbara
bpenatzer is offline   Reply With Quote