Old 06-14-2007, 10:02 AM   #2361
Brian
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to Brian Send a message via Yahoo to Brian Send a message via Skype™ to Brian
Hi everyone
Hello everyone,

i am new here and novice in knitting. I always wanted to learn knitting and here i am now. Thanks everyone,i am Brian from Malaysia

Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:47 AM   #2362
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome everyone! What a great bunch of new members.I don't really think there is a part of the world now where we don't have members. (I did Tivo Amy yesterday. It was the first time I saw the episode)
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #2363
mommeo
Casting On

Hi all- I discovered this site as I was trying to find out more about entrelac knitting. I have been knitting for 100 years and just learned about this method! It is certainly impressive. I have been trying to read the notes that are listed here, but I keep getting sent to unrelated places??? I'm sure I'll eventually figure it out!!

mommeo
mommeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:39 AM   #2364
betty bat
Ribbing the Cuff

New knitter from Chicago
Howdy,
I'm a new knitter from the Chicago area. I've been doing cross-stitch for over 20 years and sew a little, mainly things for the house like pillows and curtains and camping accessories - those are much less expensive to make than to buy and a lot easier to find!

I got started knitting after I took a beginning weaving class at Fine Line in St. Charles, IL last summer. I like the geometric aspects of weaving, but it's not very portable! Neither is cross-stitch. Knitting has a lot of geometric aspects to it and it's much more portable.

I watched the KnittingHelp videos and they helped a lot. But, I also watched the CraftSanity one - that worked out the best for me. I was having a lot of trouble figuring out how to hold the yarn initially. Now, I'm pretty zippy! And, my husband says that I'm not frowning as much while I'm knitting.
betty bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:56 AM   #2365
SusanMarie
Casting On

hi!

I use to knit in grade schoo and Jr, High. I am just getting a REFRESHER COURSE. Since it's been 40 some years since I have done this, I think I need it, BAD.

I'm trying different stitches.

Susan
SusanMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #2366
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome, everybody!

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #2367
veronikaj
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi, everyone!
My name is Veronika and I'm 25 years old. I am new to knitting and got referred over to this website for help if I got stuck by a nice lady that I took a private lesson from about 3 weeks ago at a local yarn store. I live in Bothell, WA temporarily and am remodeling my home in Woodinville, WA, which I hope to be in by the end of Sept. I am originally from Czech Republic and immigrated to the US with my parents when I was 5 years old. I speak informal Czech fluently, because my parents spoke it at home while I was growing up and I went back to Czech almost every summer during my teenage years. However, English is my "first" language, because I grew up here.

My grandmother used to knit beautiful sweaters and outfits for me as a child and I have always had a great love and admiration for knitting work. I remember my grandmother's love for the craft and that is what has inspired my curiosity. My grandmother has since passed, and I never got a chance to learn the art of knitting from her. Recently, I have felt an urge to want to learn to knit and have started learning the basics.

This is a wonderful website!! And, I hope to get to know everyone on the forums, have some fun chatting, and learn more about knitting.

-Ve
veronikaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:59 PM   #2368
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome, all!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Old 06-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #2369
fillyvet
Casting On

Yay! This site rocks! I am a recently renewed knitter this past winter thanks to a friend teaching me how to knit socks. I am a sock addict now Yippee! Great to "meet" y'all!
fillyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #2370
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome! Hope you like it here. Socks are addicting, arent they?

BradenCS on Ravelry