Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #2411
Jeremy
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,519
Thanks: 237
Thanked 366 Times in 287 Posts
Welcome. Other folks from NZ are here too.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy For This Useful Post:
Pudify (06-19-2007)

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 PM   #2412
Andrea King
Casting On
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Manchester, Washington
Posts: 2
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Andrea's introduction
Hello, I have been knitting for about 1 year now. After hearing people say "Oh, knitting is easy, I'll teach you" and then nothing happening, I took the plunge and checked out books and then found this website. This site has been SO helpful!! I've made the obligatory scarves and a few hats. I decided to join the forum because I just knitted and felted my first bag. Now the question is, how should I attach the acrylic horseshoe handles...?

Does any one have suggestions or know of sites that have good examples?

Thank you very much.
Andrea King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:14 PM   #2413
Pudify
Ribbing the Cuff
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 66
Thanks: 11
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Jeremy

I think im going to enjoy my time here! I just finished another scarf, and in a few days, when ive gotten over myself, I might start something .. fancier xD

There are other Kiwis here? I hoped there would be, and I hope to run into them soon :D
Pudify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 01:26 AM   #2414
minder
Casting On
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hello from Lancashire, England.
Hi everyone,

After many, many attempts at knitting since childhood I finally put my mind to it in January with some determination! Why? knitting blogs and socks!!!!!!!! Somehow, over the last 6 months, I've become knitting obsessed and even have a mini-stash. My 9 year old daughter is doing really well too, so at least I can waffle about it to her. I hope to be waffling here too, so speak soon.

Amanda
minder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:14 AM   #2415
Jeremy
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,519
Thanks: 237
Thanked 366 Times in 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Pudify View Post
Thanks for the welcome Jeremy

I think im going to enjoy my time here! I just finished another scarf, and in a few days, when ive gotten over myself, I might start something .. fancier xD

There are other Kiwis here? I hoped there would be, and I hope to run into them soon :D
I actually looked in the Knitters near you forum but I didn't see the NZ knitters there. Redwitch is from New Zealand and I'm pretty sure there are others. Look in the KAL and Watcha Knitting forums for ideas for other projects.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #2416
Jeremy
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,519
Thanks: 237
Thanked 366 Times in 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrea King View Post
Hello, I have been knitting for about 1 year now. After hearing people say "Oh, knitting is easy, I'll teach you" and then nothing happening, I took the plunge and checked out books and then found this website. This site has been SO helpful!! I've made the obligatory scarves and a few hats. I decided to join the forum because I just knitted and felted my first bag. Now the question is, how should I attach the acrylic horseshoe handles...?

Does any one have suggestions or know of sites that have good examples?

Thank you very much.
Welcome. I'm going to copy your post to the How to Forum. I'm sure you will get some answers there.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #2417
Jeremy
Moderator
Mod Squad
 
Jeremy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,519
Thanks: 237
Thanked 366 Times in 287 Posts
Originally Posted by minder View Post
Hi everyone,

After many, many attempts at knitting since childhood I finally put my mind to it in January with some determination! Why? knitting blogs and socks!!!!!!!! Somehow, over the last 6 months, I've become knitting obsessed and even have a mini-stash. My 9 year old daughter is doing really well too, so at least I can waffle about it to her. I hope to be waffling here too, so speak soon.

Amanda
Welcome I've never heard waffle used that way before but then again I'm always learning some new way to use a word. Who knew that "pants" was sort of a semi swear word
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy For This Useful Post:
minder (06-20-2007)
Old 06-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #2418
1to1
Turning the Heel
 
1to1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 628
Thanks: 210
Thanked 248 Times in 159 Posts
Amanda,

Welcome to KH!! My daughter and I started knitting when she was 9yo :XX:back in Feb 2005. We still go to Knit Togethers and started making socks this year. I think it is a great way to spend time with your DD.

Carla
1to1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1to1 For This Useful Post:
minder (06-20-2007)
Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #2419
Denise L.
Casting On
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm so happy to have found this site. I'm an intermediate knitter and looking for a group meet up on Long Island, NY. I am currently working on some baby bibs from the Mason -Dixon gals book. Much fun!
Denise L
Denise L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:21 PM   #2420
Braden
Instepping Out
 
Braden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central MS
Posts: 2,919
Thanks: 36
Thanked 296 Times in 235 Posts
Welcome!
__________________
One of many knitting guys.

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maybe I should introduce myself AngieLanigan General Knitting 8 11-28-2008 01:10 PM
How do I introduce myself? Maltesecross How-to Questions 3 09-02-2007 12:46 PM
KnittingHelp's new forum dewdrops General Knitting 3 05-25-2007 11:31 AM
Silly question - knittinghelp forum message post time Mrs. D. General Knitting 4 02-09-2007 04:45 PM
Should I Introduce Myself Here? ThatCaliMom General Knitting 16 02-01-2007 09:48 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:59 AM.