Old 06-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #2421
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Denise L. View Post
I'm so happy to have found this site. I'm an intermediate knitter and looking for a group meet up on Long Island, NY. I am currently working on some baby bibs from the Mason -Dixon gals book. Much fun!
Denise L
Welcome Denise. There is a forum here called Knitters Knear you. You could look for or start a thread for LI knitters.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #2422
Itsabtme
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via MSN to Itsabtme Send a message via Yahoo to Itsabtme
I'm just a beginner...
But I've watched my mom knit & crochet for years. I've always wanted to learn but I didn't believe that I had it in me. A good friend of my mine encouraged me to visit your website and try to teach myself. So, here I am! Please be patient with me, I'm sure to ask a lot of silly questions...if I don't poke my eye out with the needles first

Jeanette
Itsabtme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:52 PM   #2423
Knitting_Guy
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 1,130 Times in 832 Posts
Originally Posted by Itsabtme View Post
But I've watched my mom knit & crochet for years. I've always wanted to learn but I didn't believe that I had it in me. A good friend of my mine encouraged me to visit your website and try to teach myself. So, here I am! Please be patient with me, I'm sure to ask a lot of silly questions...if I don't poke my eye out with the needles first

Jeanette

Welcome and I'm glad ya made it.

What do you mean guys don't knit?

Linux: because a PC is a terrible thing to waste.

Perfection is overrated. Knitting is meant to relieve stress, not cause it. Relax and enjoy it.

My boring blog http://masonm.joeuser.com

My knitting blog
http://knittingguy.blogspot.com/

My New Home Page (work in progress)
http://www.gpstrucker.000hosted.com

Knitting_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #2424
xminkiix
Casting On

i've been wanting to start knitting again. right after my mommy's birthday, i kinda stopped but i really wanna get back into it.

i hope that through joining a forum, i would be able to spark my interest once more =] i'm glad to know that there's a knit a long...but i haven't really checked it out so i'm not sure if the instructions are listed or not under the thread =T

anyways! i hope to stay and become an active member and possibly even complete several projects =]
xminkiix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:05 AM   #2425
Raspberry61
Casting On

I just found out about this site from a knitting instructor at my local yarn shop. It seems like a neat place! I've been knitting and crocheting for years and I am obssessed with it! Glad to be among others who feel the same
Raspberry61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 08:43 AM   #2426
mjciampa
Casting On

Hello
Hi,
I've been knitting for a long time, but this is the first forum I've joined. I need help with a project. I'm trying to knit a giant fair isle mitten to be used as a Christmas stocking. I can't seem to get the proportions right. Anyone have a pattern like this or any advice on how to go about it?
mjciampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:20 AM   #2427
secretknitter
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to secretknitter
This site
Wow this is a really cool site! I can't wait to get started improving all my knitting skils!!
secretknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:23 AM   #2428
braggberg
Casting On

Hi everyone, my name is Helen I have recently revived my interest in knitting and crocheting because of a knee injury. I am so glad I learned how to do this years ago when it seemed so easy otherwise my old brain cells would have had a rough time.
I have been surfing around finding new patterns and practicing and found your forum and just love it. there is so much to read and learn here.
Thanks for having me
braggberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 PM   #2429
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by mjciampa View Post
Hi,
I've been knitting for a long time, but this is the first forum I've joined. I need help with a project. I'm trying to knit a giant fair isle mitten to be used as a Christmas stocking. I can't seem to get the proportions right. Anyone have a pattern like this or any advice on how to go about it?
Hi, Welcome the Forum. I'm going to copy your question to the How to Questions Forum. Have a look there for some answers to your question. I'll title it Proportion Problem with Christmas Stocking.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #2430
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by xminkiix View Post
i've been wanting to start knitting again. right after my mommy's birthday, i kinda stopped but i really wanna get back into it.

i hope that through joining a forum, i would be able to spark my interest once more =] i'm glad to know that there's a knit a long...but i haven't really checked it out so i'm not sure if the instructions are listed or not under the thread =T

anyways! i hope to stay and become an active member and possibly even complete several projects =]
Welcome to the Forum Most times there is a link to the pattern in the first post for the knit a long if its a free pattern. If its not a free pattern there is usually information there that will tell you how to get it. There are also free patterns here in their own separate section. So hop right in. There are plenty of people here to help you.