Old 07-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #2661
emorrell
Casting On

I am a beginner
Hi, everyone, I am so glad I found this website....because I could use all the help I can get on learning how to knit. I look forward on learning from other people and any advice I can get-would be so appreciative. Who knows, maybe I will become a pro and than I can give knitting advice one day!!!
emorrell is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-15-2007, 12:03 PM   #2662
Barbara Porterie
Casting On

Hi everyone

I've visited this site many times after references from the Kitter's Review Forum. Have found the videos to be most helpful. I'm just returning to knitting after many years of doing other forms of needlework. So much has change, yarns, techniques and the internet helplines. I live outside of Phoenix AZ and look forward to being a new member of your group. I'm sure I'll learn many things.

Barbara
Barbara Porterie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #2663
McKnitty
Turning the Heel

Hello KH Family!
Hello everyone! This is my very first post, so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I'm so happy and excited to be a part of KH.

I have been visiting the website since I first started knitting in spring 2005. This website has been such a help to me, especially late at night when my LYS is closed. I finally decided to join when I saw the Charity Knitting forum. KH is such a wonderful group of people!

Amy, I can't thank you enough for starting this wonderful website. Knitting has become an important part of my life, and this website has become an important part of my knitting.

TXMcKnitty on Ravelry
McKnitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:05 AM   #2664
Cameron
Casting On

Thanks for the wonderful site
Hi all

Just wanted to say hello and thanks, my grandma taught to knit years ago but i forgot LOL, this site helped me get back into it
and allowed me to pick up so cool tips and ideas, thanks alot keep up the awsome work
Cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:53 AM   #2665
sueellen48
Casting On

i'm knitting a afghan on circular needle how do i do a ssk, is it the next three stitches?
sueellen48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:57 AM   #2666
sueellen48
Casting On

ssk
Originally Posted by sueellen48 View Post
i'm knitting a afghan on circular needle how do i do a ssk, is it the next three stitches?
sueellen48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #2667
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by sueellen48 View Post
Welcome to the forum. Here is the video.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...s/decrease.php
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:15 AM   #2668
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by JenTucker View Post
Hello!

I am making my first official garment (not a scarf or hat!) and have a question about binding off to shape the neckline/armholes. (I hope this isn't a "Duh!" question--I had to get outside help the first time I made I-cord ) After I bind off the required number of stitches. I am left with one stitch on my right needle. What am I supposed to do with that lone stitch? This is the only thing holding me back at this time. I just need some help.

As a self-taught knitter, this website has been SOOOOOOOOO helpful. Thanks!
Jen Welcome to the Forum. Sorry about the delay in getting to your question. I'm going to copy your post to the Pattern Help forum. Have a look sometime today for an answer.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #2669
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to all of our new members.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #2670
Betsy Baumann
Casting On

Hi ,
I am Just learning to knit , finished my sample square and on to my first scarf.I'm a homebody with 3 dogs and a big flower garden .
Love all needle work , I've done embroidery and crochet for ma
ny years,but for some reason I've always been afraid of knitting maybe it's because my friend mades the most compicated ski sweaters . Very intimidating.
My nephew just had a new baby and I would like to make a little hat someware I saw a tomato hat does anyone know were I could find that pattern if it's not to hard for a rookie.
Betsy
Betsy Baumann is offline   Reply With Quote