Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 PM   #2671
Songbirdy
Knitting the Flap

Hi All,

I am not new, but after a good few days of searching and not a bit of luck I've decided to re-register. Sorry Mods! I don't want to swell the numbers needlessly but I also just was able to come and play again as you all are so irresistible!

I am Roberta/Birdy, formerly of the Stratford area. We recently bought our first house. It is a whole 5 minutes from my hubby's work instead of the 1 hour 15 minutes of our old house.

So my sewing machine has been doing a lot of work right now. While I'd like to knit curtains I've faced the fact that I would be long bored with that project!

I'm still Homeschooling the darling children, the boy and the girl.

We've only got 2 cats now, the pet cow came along in another form (sorry vegetarians, but hubby is not!), the dog found a new home and the chickens are no longer our responsibility. We miss our doggie dearly, but felt that since he was 7 years a farm/country dog he would have a happier life with a retired couple that offered to adopt him than in our inch of yard we now own.

We moved in June 2nd and I unpacked the last box this past Tuesday. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week saw me sewing the curtains. And every single other mending job my kidlets decided I simply *had* to do right then and there.

So that is about it. I've found the time (err, insisted upon finding the time) to pass a few round on the socks. I also decided to muddy the water and started a filigree crochet project because my Great Aunt gave me her collection of crochet things and I wanted to see if I enjoyed it before I accepted the gift. I do.

That will be enough of an update for now. The Kidlets are demanding another chapter (well, they've up'd it to 4 chapters) of Charlie and the Glass Elevator so I MUST go now!
Songbirdy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #2672
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Betsy Baumann View Post
Hi ,
I am Just learning to knit , finished my sample square and on to my first scarf.I'm a homebody with 3 dogs and a big flower garden .
Love all needle work , I've done embroidery and crochet for ma
ny years,but for some reason I've always been afraid of knitting maybe it's because my friend mades the most compicated ski sweaters . Very intimidating.
My nephew just had a new baby and I would like to make a little hat someware I saw a tomato hat does anyone know were I could find that pattern if it's not to hard for a rookie.
Betsy
Hi Betsy, welcome. I'm going to copy your post to the Pattern forum under the title "looking for tomato hat pattern." So have a look there later today.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:16 PM   #2673
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Songbirdy View Post
Hi All,

I am not new, but after a good few days of searching and not a bit of luck I've decided to re-register. Sorry Mods! I don't want to swell the numbers needlessly but I also just was able to come and play again as you all are so irresistible!

I am Roberta/Birdy, formerly of the Stratford area. We recently bought our first house. It is a whole 5 minutes from my hubby's work instead of the 1 hour 15 minutes of our old house.

So my sewing machine has been doing a lot of work right now. While I'd like to knit curtains I've faced the fact that I would be long bored with that project!

I'm still Homeschooling the darling children, the boy and the girl.

We've only got 2 cats now, the pet cow came along in another form (sorry vegetarians, but hubby is not!), the dog found a new home and the chickens are no longer our responsibility. We miss our doggie dearly, but felt that since he was 7 years a farm/country dog he would have a happier life with a retired couple that offered to adopt him than in our inch of yard we now own.

We moved in June 2nd and I unpacked the last box this past Tuesday. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday last week saw me sewing the curtains. And every single other mending job my kidlets decided I simply *had* to do right then and there.

So that is about it. I've found the time (err, insisted upon finding the time) to pass a few round on the socks. I also decided to muddy the water and started a filigree crochet project because my Great Aunt gave me her collection of crochet things and I wanted to see if I enjoyed it before I accepted the gift. I do.

That will be enough of an update for now. The Kidlets are demanding another chapter (well, they've up'd it to 4 chapters) of Charlie and the Glass Elevator so I MUST go now!
Welcome Back Did you notice we have a crochet forum now?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:23 PM   #2674
cazgram
Casting On

Just arrived
I'm new on the site. I used to spin and knit but just drifted away from it. One of my daughters started to knit again and so I jumped back in. It is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon with an adult daughter. Now my other daughter has joined the fun and we spend time knitting, drinking coffee and combining efforts to keep the children in the family on the path to a happy life.
I also am a basketmaker.
Have a perfect day!!!
cazgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #2675
angi0
Casting On

what a great site the video's have been very usefull inded to me my name is angela from Lancashire UK and I am 42 years old and have just taken up knitting.....

I am currently knitting a patttern which I have had to resize quite a bit being a larger lady...

The pattern does look right but does anyone know where to get some good bigger size ladies pattern I am having to alter from 42 inches up to 52 inches and may post later to see if I can get help shaping some armholes...

brill site and hope to get more help..

thanks a bunch

angie
angi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:41 PM   #2676
sunshine15960
Casting On

hey i have been here befor but i am having a proublem i was bind-offing when i got to the very last one and i dont know what to do can some one help me
sunshine15960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:35 PM   #2677
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by sunshine15960 View Post
hey i have been here befor but i am having a proublem i was bind-offing when i got to the very last one and i dont know what to do can some one help me
Take the yarn you've been knitting with and thread it back through the loop. You can then weave the end into the knitting.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:46 PM   #2678
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by angi0 View Post
what a great site the video's have been very usefull inded to me my name is angela from Lancashire UK and I am 42 years old and have just taken up knitting.....

I am currently knitting a patttern which I have had to resize quite a bit being a larger lady...

The pattern does look right but does anyone know where to get some good bigger size ladies pattern I am having to alter from 42 inches up to 52 inches and may post later to see if I can get help shaping some armholes...

brill site and hope to get more help..

thanks a bunch

angie
Welcome Angie. Our own Shandeh has a site here for plus sizes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jeremy For This Useful Post:
angi0 (07-16-2007), Shandeh (07-20-2007)
Old 07-16-2007, 03:47 PM   #2679
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by cazgram View Post
I'm new on the site. I used to spin and knit but just drifted away from it. One of my daughters started to knit again and so I jumped back in. It is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon with an adult daughter. Now my other daughter has joined the fun and we spend time knitting, drinking coffee and combining efforts to keep the children in the family on the path to a happy life.
I also am a basketmaker.
Have a perfect day!!!
Welcome I used to make baskets too but knitting has pretty much taken up my free time for the past couple of years.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #2680
angi0
Casting On

Jeremy

thanks so much I will be looking at these in depth as I am struggling to get them bigger and thanks to shandeh for the patterns too brilliant.....

angie
angi0 is offline   Reply With Quote