Old 07-17-2007, 03:10 PM   #2701
zephyra
Casting On

Hello and thank you for the wonderful site. I'm a fairly new knitter and I'm sure I will be frequenting this site for a very long time.
~June
zephyra is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-17-2007, 03:36 PM   #2702
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome Zephyra.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:16 PM   #2703
Prazzie
Ribbing the Cuff

Hello knitters!

I was a terrible student in needlework class at school. I preferred gossiping with my best friend or writing notes, instead of learning to sew, knit or embroider.

Last year I accompanied my mother to a sewing class and discovered that I actually had a real talent for sewing and so I started making clothes because I wanted to and not because it was a subject I was forced to take at school.

Now sewing and knitting seem to go hand in hand - I often find knitting patterns in my sewing pattern magazines and of course there is a whole section at my local fabric store devoted to knitting supplies that I have not yet raided.

Today I spotted a knitted floor cushion in a magazine that I really liked and that finally convinced me to start knitting. I have some free time now and I've found this helpful site so here I am. Oh, I should also add that it's winter here and I'm on the lookout for cozy and warm anything. That was probably a factor too

The cushion that caught my fancy:
Prazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #2704
craftygirl
Casting On

HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi everyone, I am new here and I am a pretty new knitter. I have really been trying to learn to knit socks on 2 circular needles. I am going to take a class soonto learn how to knit socks and I am really excited to learn. I love circular needles and I try to do most everything I can with them. Any sock knitters out there? Any help would be appreciated!!! Crafygirl
craftygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #2705
verodek
Casting On

Hello,

My name is Véronique and I'm a newbie to knitting, I'm looking for help.

I live in Belgium and I speak french.

With this forum, I hope to improve my knitting level (and my english too )
verodek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #2706
cinnamon_girl
Knitting the Flap

New Poster
Hi there!
I've been enjoying this great site for a couple of months and today seemed like to right time to say hello and introduce myself. Maybe because I bought some TOFUsies sock yarn today and am getting ready to attempt my first pair of socks, in part due to all your inspiring posts and pictures! I'm excited!
I first learned to knit 20-something years ago when my children were toddlers. I made mostly simple things like baby blankets, hats, mittens, scarfs and little sweaters. Over the years as they grew and life got busier with work and school (them and eventually me too, I was a single mom), the needles got put away.
Now, they're grown and I'm jumping back in. And really amazed by the resurgence knitting has made spurred by the web. I love reading knitting blogs and looking at pictures of everyone's FOs. I recently finished the 'Branching Out' scarf for my first simple lace project and would like to continue to work on lace. But first .... those socks!

~Susan~
cinnamon_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:46 PM   #2707
terecis516
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to terecis516
thanks
Well since I'm a mother of 3 and like to learn new things I figured I learn how to knit. I have made hats, scarfs, afghans for my kids. and now I'm learning how to make socks. Thanks for the site it's been helpfull with abreviations.
terecis516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #2708
stitchinglady
Casting On

Hello all. This is Stitching Lady. I am very new to the site and knitting also. I love working with my hands, creating and making gifts for others. One of my latest passions is embroider on greeting cards. I have given them as gifts and everyone loves them. They are unusual and very pretty (if I do say so myself) . I also crochet and have done so for many years. About 10 months ago, I decided to teach myself to knit. I got yarn, needles and a primer to get me started. Then I came across this site and absolutely love the videos. They have taught me so much and being able to see the stitching is wonderful. I am currently trying to make my first pair of socks. I am struggling with dpns, but am getting better each time.
stitchinglady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:34 AM   #2709
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome everyone. Lots of sock knitters and sock designers here !
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 AM   #2710
losnana
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by craftygirl View Post
Hi everyone, I am new here and I am a pretty new knitter. I have really been trying to learn to knit socks on 2 circular needles. I am going to take a class soonto learn how to knit socks and I am really excited to learn. I love circular needles and I try to do most everything I can with them. Any sock knitters out there? Any help would be appreciated!!! Crafygirl

Lots of sock knitters here. Try Silver's Sock Tutorial.

http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Intro.htm

Welcome all.
Jeremy (07-18-2007)