Old 07-18-2007, 07:33 AM   #2711
Mel
Casting On

Hi Everyone! I am new to this site, and very new to knitting. I am just learning the basics, i have a ways to go, but i am determined to master it....if i don't go nuts in the process
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #2712
mintdee
Working the Gusset

Welcome all! This is a great group.

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. Aristotle

OTN:
sweater from hell for TJ
simple socks
mintdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #2713
ambyznanee
Casting On

Hello!
I've been using this site for over a year and never knewn about this section! xxx WOW!
ambyznanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #2714
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by ambyznanee View Post
I've been using this site for over a year and never knewn about this section! xxx WOW!
I'm glad you discovered us.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #2715
jackmanknitwit
Casting On

What a treat to find this site...I'm an older knitter, but have only done simple projects in the past. I'm working on a shopping bag using a varigated cotton in olive, rust, cream, and purple, and finishing up dishcloths, and starting a buttercup colored honeycomb afghan...all I think about is knitting this summer....I'm enjoying the summer off...I'm a teacher and will be back in teacher mode in August....
jackmanknitwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:58 PM   #2716
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome Lots of other teachers here too.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:57 AM   #2717
Cia
Ribbing the Cuff

Location: I live in a small village in sweden, small to the extent I pass two cowpastures on my way to school
Cia from the little swedish village with more cows than people...
Hi everybody, since I'm new here I just thought I'd introduce myself. I haven't knitted for long and am pretty much selftaught which has the only disadvantage that if I'd try to knit in my native language (Swedish) I'd need to translate the instructions to english first.
Just wanted to say what a wonderful site this is, it is really helpful, especially for us who don't have 3 generations of knitters to turn to for help.
Now I'll return to my holiday treat, a book with knitting patterns. Only problem is that it's in spanish, but that'll work itself out, after all, if there's a will there's a way.
Thanks again for such a great site...
Cia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:25 AM   #2718
Cesia
Casting On

Hi, let me introduce myself
Hi, My name is Cesia and I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time. I find it absolutely fantastic. I'm a continental knitter living in Australia where everyone I know knits British way. I'm a relatively experienced knitter , but found Amy's videos very helpful for learning projects like socks , using Kitchener stitch etc.

I'm busy knitting at the moment as my daughter who lives in Illinois US is about to have a baby .

I'm looking forward to having a great time on this forum and learning new things
Cesia
Cesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #2719
sandclove
Casting On

hello
This site is so helpful. I love being able to see how things are done as I am still learning quite a bit of knitting. Thank you to everyone who helps w/ this site and for others who post answers from their experience. Looking forward to chatting w/ you soon.
sandclove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:40 PM   #2720
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Cia View Post
Hi everybody, since I'm new here I just thought I'd introduce myself. I haven't knitted for long and am pretty much selftaught which has the only disadvantage that if I'd try to knit in my native language (Swedish) I'd need to translate the instructions to english first.
Just wanted to say what a wonderful site this is, it is really helpful, especially for us who don't have 3 generations of knitters to turn to for help.
Now I'll return to my holiday treat, a book with knitting patterns. Only problem is that it's in spanish, but that'll work itself out, after all, if there's a will there's a way.
Thanks again for such a great site...
Welcome to the site!. There is another Swede here named Anna who gives us Swedish lessons.