Old 07-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #2721
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Cesia View Post
Hi, My name is Cesia and I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time. I find it absolutely fantastic. I'm a continental knitter living in Australia where everyone I know knits British way. I'm a relatively experienced knitter , but found Amy's videos very helpful for learning projects like socks , using Kitchener stitch etc.

I'm busy knitting at the moment as my daughter who lives in Illinois US is about to have a baby .

I'm looking forward to having a great time on this forum and learning new things
Cesia
Welcome. Lots of Aussies here!
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #2722
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by sandclove View Post
This site is so helpful. I love being able to see how things are done as I am still learning quite a bit of knitting. Thank you to everyone who helps w/ this site and for others who post answers from their experience. Looking forward to chatting w/ you soon.
Welcome.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #2723
dcarmichael
Casting On

new to the knitting comunity
starting my first afgan and i'm having a problem with the patern it says row 1-12 knit across and row 13 (right side) knit across. i feel really stupid but i dont understand. i can't tell the difference between the right side and the wrong side and once i figure that out how do i knit on the the right side or the wrong side
help me please
dcarmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #2724
grammie02
Casting On

Hi I'm new here.
I just found this forum. I have been knitting and crocketing since I was 1967 when I was 13. I love to do both I became a grammie for the first time last July 11 to a gs. In Nov he will be a big brother to a sister. I am having so much making things for him. I can't wait till my gd is born so I can make things for her also. I am so excited that I found this forum.

Grammie02
grammie02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM   #2725
Roojaz
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to Roojaz
Hello all
I'm new to this site so I just wanted to say hello to everyone! I've been knitting for about a year now. (with a six month break in between) One night I went to sleep dreaming about the project I had set down months earlier..and TADA..I'm ADDICTED!! My Mother and her business partner are going to be opening a knitting shop soon and I can't wait! This is a great website! Looking fwd to digging around

Roojaz
Roojaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 07:43 PM   #2726
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by dcarmichael View Post
starting my first afgan and i'm having a problem with the patern it says row 1-12 knit across and row 13 (right side) knit across. i feel really stupid but i dont understand. i can't tell the difference between the right side and the wrong side and once i figure that out how do i knit on the the right side or the wrong side
help me please
The right side is the side everyone will see when the pattern is finished. For instance the right side on a sweater would be the outside of the sweater. So on your pattern it sounds like the odd rows will be right side rows and the even rows the wrong side. When the pattern says to knit just knit. There is no difference between knitting on the right side and the wrong side. Good luck.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #2727
golfer
Casting On

Hello to everyone! Just signed up today and glad to be here!
Pretty much taught myself to knit with the help of library books, finding videos on my computer and fumbling around knit sites.
So I am a newbie - can do scarves, "world famous" dishcloths, caps,
and awkward socks (but warm and do go on the foot)! Plus a triangle
shawl. I do like knitting!
golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #2728
sugarfunpouch
Knitting the Flap

Hi!
Hi everyone! I'm so glad to be apart of this! If you go on neopets.com, you will also find my username there too!
sugarfunpouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:59 PM   #2729
Westiemom
Casting On

Hi! I've been lurking on this site for some time now and I've sure gotten a lot of help! I have know how to knit since I was a wee one, but I just recently became an addict.
Westiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:54 AM   #2730
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to our new members!