Old 07-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #2761
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the Forum.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-22-2007, 07:52 PM   #2762
Belladonna
Casting On

Hiya! I've been knitting about a year and have been using this site extensively to help me figure out what's what. I love the videos! They're a real life saver! Thanks for taking the time to build this place!
Belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #2763
cassiepaige
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to cassiepaige
Yeah, I have tried the video. I just can't seem to get any farther than casting on. I'm probably just making a silly mistake. The videos were really helpful though to teach me how to hold the needles, the yarn, and how to cast on.
cassiepaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #2764
paulaf
Casting On

Hi! I'm glad to find a helpfull community. I'm just starting to knit and your tips are great. The videos are an amazing way of motivation to learn, because I can't always understand the explanation of a pattern just reading. Keep the good work! And thanks for been there.
Paula, Portugal
paulaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #2765
speattle
Ribbing the Cuff

I am new too. From Seattle area (Eastside)
Well, I am a knitter from the Eastside 'burbs in the Seattle area. I love to work on small items such as baby things, socks, dishrags etc because I love instant gratification! In the past few years we have been blessed with the arrival of several nieces, and great nieces and nephews, so I have been busy knitting small things. I love it!

I have been knitting since I was 6. My mother's mom taught me and after she passed when I was 7, my dad's mom kept me going. I am im my 50's now, so I'm a long timer. I can also crochet, sew, quilt, scrapbook, and hand-smock. Another passion is photography.

I am married and we have 3 kids and one child-in-law. Next year we add to the family with another one of the kids getting married. I still have one teen in HS.

Guess that sums it up for now. I'll check out the other boards to see what is up today.
speattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #2766
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by cassiepaige View Post
Yeah, I have tried the video. I just can't seem to get any farther than casting on. I'm probably just making a silly mistake. The videos were really helpful though to teach me how to hold the needles, the yarn, and how to cast on.
The next best thing I can think of is a local Knitting Guild or Stitch n bitch group. Here is the address of a couple of groups in West Virginia.

St Francis De Sales Prayer Shawl Minsitry
107 Edgell Street
Beckley, WV 25801
+1 (304) 252-4423
email:
saffron@citynet.net
We knit and crochet for charity -- prayer shawls, chemo caps, preemie hats/ Meeting are the last Thursday of every month downstairs in the church hall.
Appalachian Knitter's Guild
5208 Glow Drive
Cross Lanes, WV 25313
+1 (304) 776-2832
email: tuba@newwave.net
The Appalachian Knitter's Guild meets the First Thursday of the month.
Dues are $12/year for the local, in addition to TKGA membership.
Members enjoy a local newsletter and various activities throughout the year.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #2767
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to everyone who is new or returning
Old 07-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #2768
pompom
Casting On

In March, 2007 I had to undergo a bunionectomy. I thought to myself, what am I going to do while I'm recuperating? I'm a very busy woman. I work a full-time and part-time job and have a family. I knew that sitting around after surgery would drive me nuts. It was then that I thought of knitting and found your web site. Your videos are wonderful and in no time I was knitting dishcloths. I am now hooked on knitting. I took some classes and joined a local knitting group. I still look for only easy and beginning patterns but some day would like to knit like the pros in my knitting group. Your web site has helped me a lot. Thanks for taking the time to develop it.
pompom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:52 AM   #2769
DianeD
Casting On

Hello, I'm new here...
I just discovered this forum!! I've been looking for an active forum on knitting and I can't believe I found one....I am so happy!!
The website is fantastic and a wonderful way to learn with videos. What a great idea!!

I've been knitting and crocheting for a little over 30 years now and find that there's always something new to learn. I hope to be able to join in the conversations and perhaps even add something useful here and there.

Thank you for a wonderful connection!!

DianeD
DianeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #2770
pwmadison
Casting On

Hello,
Thank you! I'm new to knitting, and I'm enjoying it immensely. I have several small projects going on right now. I took a class this past June and learned the basics including some shaping. My instructor recommended this site for a reference point. So here I am!
Peggy
pwmadison is offline   Reply With Quote