Old 07-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #2831
rrseals
Casting On

Hi, I love your site. I am a beginner and have a lot of questions. Your glossary is wonderful and has helped me a lot. The videos are great. Thanks for the help. Becky
rrseals is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #2832
rrseals
Casting On

Originally Posted by rrseals View Post
Hi, I love your site. I am a beginner and have a lot of questions. Your glossary is wonderful and has helped me a lot. The videos are great. Thanks for the help. Becky
rrseals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #2833
dmr97
Casting On

Hello . I am new to this forum and new to knitting. I am looking for knitted doll patterns. Where can I look? Nice to meet you all. DMR97
dmr97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #2834
anniegarcia
Casting On

Send a message via MSN to anniegarcia Send a message via Yahoo to anniegarcia
Hello knitters!!
Hello, I am a knitter and crocheter from Lafayette, Indiana. I learned a long time ago and now have 2 kids and am pregnant with a third, so I don't have a lot of time to knit, but I do whenever I get a chance!! I have about 4 different projects going at any given time. I love the show Knitty Gritty on the DIY network, and the videos here are just as useful!!

~Annie
anniegarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #2835
sharonxoxo11
Casting On

Hello, I am Sharon and live in WA State. I'm 64 and love to knit, crochet and quilt, also embroidery. Just now, my hands have rebeled with crochet and embroidery, so I am knitting. I've enjoyed the posts here and hope to avail myself of the help features. Thanks for having me.

Sharon
sharonxoxo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:49 PM   #2836
Eddie
Casting On

Eddie
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I need help.

I have not knitted for many years and have never knitted a pair of child's gloves. I have a pattern from the internet, but am finding it hard to follow the instructions which read as follows

Cast on 40 sts and divide on 3 needles (I know how to do this), then it goes on to say "mark end of round: carry up marker. (where does the round startO. Join, work around in ribbing k2 P2 for 2"
increasing 2 sts in last round.

Can anyuone help me with this last sentence. Why do I have to join the wool and what is meant by mark end of round.

I tried another pattern yesterday but found the thumb was not in the correct position as I thought it should have been in the centre of the gore.

Hope this makes sense to whoever is reading it. I would love to receive your help.

Kind regards,

Eddie.

ps. If you have a simple pattern for child's gloves aged 7, then I would appreciate it. The reason I am knitting the gloves is because I cannot buy a pair of dark grey to match school uniform and she is not allowed to wear any other color. and I now feel I have a challenge to knit them and master them.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 PM   #2837
Eddie
Casting On

Hello again,

How do I know if and when I get a reply to the message I have posted.

Many thanks

Eddie
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:31 PM   #2838
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and I need help.

I have not knitted for many years and have never knitted a pair of child's gloves. I have a pattern from the internet, but am finding it hard to follow the instructions which read as follows

Cast on 40 sts and divide on 3 needles (I know how to do this), then it goes on to say "mark end of round: carry up marker. (where does the round startO. Join, work around in ribbing k2 P2 for 2"
increasing 2 sts in last round.

Can anyuone help me with this last sentence. Why do I have to join the wool and what is meant by mark end of round.

I tried another pattern yesterday but found the thumb was not in the correct position as I thought it should have been in the centre of the gore.

Hope this makes sense to whoever is reading it. I would love to receive your help.

Kind regards,

Eddie.

ps. If you have a simple pattern for child's gloves aged 7, then I would appreciate it. The reason I am knitting the gloves is because I cannot buy a pair of dark grey to match school uniform and she is not allowed to wear any other color. and I now feel I have a challenge to knit them and master them.
Hi Eddie. I'm going to copy your question to the pattern help forum. Have a look there in a little while. I'm sure you will get lots of responses.
Eddie (07-30-2007)
Old 07-28-2007, 11:35 PM   #2839
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by dmr97 View Post
Hello . I am new to this forum and new to knitting. I am looking for knitted doll patterns. Where can I look? Nice to meet you all. DMR97
This site has all sorts of patterns. I'm also going to post your question in the Pattern forum here so have a look there in a little while. Welcome to the forum.

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/
Old 07-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #2840
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the Forum everyone.