Old 08-25-2007, 11:30 PM   #3071
wholycow
Ribbing the Cuff

Hi,so nice to meet you all
I just found you 5min.ago,joined 3min. ago,and already have a question,which I listed with the newbie thread.(about finding the beginning of the thread in a new skein).I can't believe how I feel,about my somewhat question. But I'm also excited about beginning knitting,and sharing this fab site w/you all. Hope to learn alot here.
~wholycow~
wholycow is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #3072
jacquelinebunn
Casting On

Hello
Can you help me. I'm looking for a pattern (to buy) for a cup cake tea cosy. I don't want to buy a kit because I'd like to choose my own yarn etc. I'm pretty much a beginner but enjoy the therapy - at the mo I'm knitting some very basic tube socks for my teenage kids actually the eldest is 21. I guess I'm motivated more by the beautiful natural yarns around which kinda make up for my lack of expertise. Post back if you can help. Visit my blog too - though I haven't posted for a bit - too busy knitting.
jacquelinebunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:52 AM   #3073
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by jacquelinebunn View Post
Can you help me. I'm looking for a pattern (to buy) for a cup cake tea cosy. I don't want to buy a kit because I'd like to choose my own yarn etc. I'm pretty much a beginner but enjoy the therapy - at the mo I'm knitting some very basic tube socks for my teenage kids actually the eldest is 21. I guess I'm motivated more by the beautiful natural yarns around which kinda make up for my lack of expertise. Post back if you can help. Visit my blog too - though I haven't posted for a bit - too busy knitting.
Skye4 finished a cupcake tea cosy. I would suggest you send her a private message asking for the pattern. Another good source is www.patterncentral.com which has thousands of patterns. The place to find patterns here is pattern central. I'll copy your post to there so check there in a little while to get some answers. Welcome and good luck!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:55 AM   #3074
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the forum everyone!
Old 08-26-2007, 01:32 PM   #3075
iwfinley
Ribbing the Cuff

This is such a great site -- I found it about a month ago after trying to teach myself how to knit through books from my library. I live in a small town, there is no "local yarn store" and the closest Michael's/JoAnn are in Columbus, which is about 45 minutes from here. I just ordered the CD of the entire site last week because while the videos on the site are great, sometimes my connection can be spotty and makes it hard to see it though clearly! But, I finally learned to do ribbing, which felt like a huge breakthrough for me! I've made two scarves and am starting on a baby blanket! I have a huge "stash" of yarn -- my mother in law crocheted and was a huge packrat. I only took a small portion of her yarn and have enough to keep me busy knitting for many years to come. . . . . . This place is excellent and I have quickly become addicted to knitting! I keep wanting to learn more and more!
iwfinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:25 PM   #3076
beckyrhae
Turning the Heel

welcome everyone!

The Knitting Barista

The Sheeps Tale

KnittingBarista on Ravelry
beckyrhae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:11 AM   #3077
Littleknit
Casting On

Hi everyone
I'm a relatively new knitter, just progressing from scarves, hats and bags. Fancy trying my hand at socks next but am a bit wary. It all looks so complicated. Great site!
Littleknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #3078
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the Forum
Old 08-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #3079
passionategray
Casting On

Hi everyone! I'm a brand new knitter. The first thing I've ever made was a hat, which you can see here: http://flickr.com/photos/passionateg...7601288837301/

The second thing I've made is currently a work in progress, and you can see it here: http://flickr.com/photos/passionateg...7601288837301/

I really love knitting! My friend got me involved in it and I am completely and totally addicted!

In regards to things about me that don't have to do with knitting:

I'm 26, married to an amazing guy named Joe, and I have 2 cats named Gracie and Sugar and 1 dog named Sadie. I am a Christian and have been so my whole life. My family are missionaries in Central America, so I can speak conversational Spanish (for the most part).

My favorite TV shows are Big Brother and House Hunters and I love to read as well, although that's taken a back burner lately because of my addiction to knitting and also because we just bought a new house not too long ago!

No kiddos yet, but we are planning on trying within the next 6 months to a year.

Well, it's awesome to be involved in this community!

If you want to add me to any of your friends lists, I'm "passionategray81" on flickr and "passionategray" on Ravelry.

-Elisha
passionategray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #3080
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Originally Posted by passionategray View Post
If you want to add me to any of your friends lists, I'm "passionategray81" on flickr and "passionategray" on Ravelry.

-Elisha

I'm so glad to see you posting

Welcome everyone to KH

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote