Old 09-02-2007, 09:11 PM   #3111
armari300
Casting On

thank you for welcomming to this site i would like to know what are the better brands of needles to use i am learning how to knit and this site has been very helpful the videos are especially helpful because i am a visual learner.
armari300 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #3112
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by jadebitz@msn.com View Post
thank you for welcomming to this site i would like to know what are the better brands of needles to use i am learning how to knit and this site has been very helpful the videos are especially helpful because i am a visual learner.
Hi Welcome to the Forum! Many of us here use the interchangable circular sets. Knitpicks is a big favorite as well as Denise. These needles are nice because you will have the right needle for most projects. Here is a nice thread with more details.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #3113
2x4
Ribbing the Cuff

Just browsing the site and checking the chats
I'm just checking the chat topics and saying hello! I haven't started knitting today but will probably pickup one of the two projects.
2x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:29 PM   #3114
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the Forum. Let us know if we can help you!
Old 09-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #3115
CSavvy
Casting On

Thanks for welcoming me! This site is wonderful. I'm a long time knitter happily returning after too long and not an expert by any means. The videos are so great for things I've forgotten.

I'm knitting several baby gifts and using a Debbie Bliss pattern for a sweater that calls for the back to be knitted to a given length and then sleeves to be shaped by casting on 6 stitches at the beginning of the next 6 rows, then 18 stitches at the beginning of the following 2 rows. Could someone please tell me how to go about doing the cast on?

Also, the pattern calls for Cashmerino Aran and I'm using Cashmerino Chunky. Will that cause a problem?

Thanks for your help!

CSavvy
CSavvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:54 PM   #3116
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by CSavvy View Post
Thanks for welcoming me! This site is wonderful. I'm a long time knitter happily returning after too long and not an expert by any means. The videos are so great for things I've forgotten.

I'm knitting several baby gifts and using a Debbie Bliss pattern for a sweater that calls for the back to be knitted to a given length and then sleeves to be shaped by casting on 6 stitches at the beginning of the next 6 rows, then 18 stitches at the beginning of the following 2 rows. Could someone please tell me how to go about doing the cast on?

Also, the pattern calls for Cashmerino Aran and I'm using Cashmerino Chunky. Will that cause a problem?

Thanks for your help!
Welcome to our Forum. I'm going to copy your post to the pattern central section where you will get some help. Just click the forum tab above and choose Pattern help. Your question will be under the title "Please Help with cast on issue in baby sweater"
Old 09-03-2007, 07:42 PM   #3117
omi
Casting On

Hi, I'm a brand new knitter, I've been a crocheter forever, but I needed a new challange. So with the help of the website, cd set and a few books, I finally taught myself to knit contitenal style.
I'm sure I'll find all kinds of useful info here.
omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:40 PM   #3118
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the forum
Old 09-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #3119
wholycow
Ribbing the Cuff

As so many have already said...Thank you so much for being here.
I came last week when I was just starting out on a project,and couldn't even get the yarn out of the ball! I had so much help,and forgive me for not remembering names..a week has gone by,and I need to go back and thank those super people. I too am gratefull to have found you all,and will continue to come visit,and possibly one day can help someone else. Take care,...wholycow
wholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wholycow For This Useful Post:
Jeremy (09-05-2007)
Old 09-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #3120
asma
Casting On

Hi!

I'm a new knitter also. I learned how to knit back when I was in Grade 4 and thought I had forgot! I am expecting my first baby and thought that I wanted to knit my babys first blanket.

I looked up sooo many videos on the net until i found your website and found them so useful. I only knew how to cast on stitches and do a garter stitch. Now, I'm still trying to figure out these confusing patterns! lol ...
But anyways, i guess im not the only beginner here and dont mind for any silly questions i might have!

Nice seeing you all here!!

bye!

Asma
asma is offline   Reply With Quote