Old 09-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #3171
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by neikenberry View Post
Thanks,...this particular computer medium of posting, etc., is sooooooooo new to me, that I am a bit confused about what to do, where to go and so forth.

The reason I need to get envolved with other knitters is: I picked up my needles again after about 40 years of non-knitting. Some of the new patterns look pretty easy BUT some of the abbreviations are very unfamiliar to me. Where do I go to get clear info on what an abbreviation means and how to do what the pattern abbreviation is telling me to do (if there is no clarifiction or illustration with the pattern). I only have a few minutes at work on my lunch hour to ask or answer questions.
ike
Welcome to the Forum There is a tab right above us called Glossary. There are many many abbreviations listed there. Some even have videos accompanying them. If you don't find the answer there, I would recommend the pattern help forum or the how to forum.

Welcome to the Forum.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-11-2007, 02:47 PM   #3172
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome everyone else!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #3173
joohimay
Casting On

Life Saving Videos
I'm not even kidding. This sight's videos have been a life saver. I've been knitting for about a year now and love to tease my sister who crochets but can't seem to pick up knitting. I look her sympathetically and tell her she's forgiven.
joohimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:42 AM   #3174
sheysd1
Casting On

I LOVE This Site!
Hi!..........My name is Shey and I just started knitting 2 days ago. I thought I would be totally on my own as I can find no one to help me get going. Then I found this site and I LOVE IT! It has been such a great help to me!

I can't wait to learn all I can from all of you very talented people! Thanks in advance for just being here for us "newbies"

Shey
sheysd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #3175
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to both of you!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:30 PM   #3176
Magaly
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to Magaly
Hi everyone.
This was haven sent. As I look through this site I just love it. I learned to crochet on my very own. I want to learn to knit I have tried it and love it very much. This truly is a stress breaker. The love of my life left for Iraq and this was the motive to learn and occupy my time. He is know home and I still keep tring to learn more. As I learn I try to teach my Girl Scout troop. My 8 year old likes it and it has become a mom and daughter time that I enjoy. Sooooo anything you can teach me or show me will be more than welcome
Magaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #3177
mwhite
Instepping Out

Hi Everyone,
My name is Mary and I live in SC. I learned how to knit and purl at age 12 but never really developed a love for it until 4 years ago. I was a pro-seamstress for over 35 years and still love to sew for myself and the family. I started working patterns from an old Reader's Digest book, making dishcloths for friends... practicing with the dishcloths led me to making afghans, hats, felted bags, fingerless gloves, the list is endless. I can't seem to put the needles down... Okay, I'm an addict! Anyway, one of my friends for NHGC made a comment about this site and here I am. I do so love seeing everything being worked on and sharing what I'm doing.

I'm in my 50's, married, have 2 grown children and one, very precious 2 yr old granddaughter who loves to tinker with the needles. Hopefully, I'll be able to share the love of knitting with her. I have tons of patterns and links and will share... just let me know what you're looking for.

I really love to experiment with patterns and have discovered the use of dpns and circulars. What a wonderful way to knit! Using the dpns opens many pattern "doors" and allows me to carry the stitches that much further.

I'm enjoying this site for sure! Mary
Clickety Click!!!
mwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #3178
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Welcome, everyone!

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:48 PM   #3179
piglet
Casting On

Hi my name is Gwenda
I am so glad to be a part of this group. I live in Oklahoma. I am in Nursing school,I will graduate in Feb with my RN. I have 3 children 2 boys (35&30)and we just adopted a little girl she is 6 we have had her for 2 years. So I stay very busy and love it. Gwenda in Oklahoma
piglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM   #3180
ggrose1
Casting On

Hi Everyone,

My name is Rosemary and I am just learning to knit. The videos are exactly what I have been searching for and they are great. I have seen some beautiful knitting and want to try it myself. I am so excited.

Rosemary
ggrose1 is offline   Reply With Quote