Old 09-20-2007, 01:37 PM   #3211
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to the Forum. I've already enjoyed some of your other posts. I've mentioned Kiri before in other posts.It was designed by a UK knitter. Even if you don't like Kidsilk it sounds like she would give you feedback on other wool that would work well. I'm knitting it right now and really enjoying it. Its a nice balance between boring and having to keep your eye on the chart every second.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:03 PM   #3212
pseudonym
Casting On

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the info but this is one of the patterns making my decision so hard already.
I have to admit it's a lovely shawl and on my shortlist.
I love the kidsilk and any natural yarns like cashmere and silk but who could afford to use them all the time.
When I wasn't making lace bonnets and matinee jackets for
my niece I spent a lot of time knitting with mohair.
I'm not sure about the charts though. None of the patterns
I used for lace designs had charts but I don't suppose it will
be any different from the beadweaving charts I use.
I'm sure I'll be looking for help on this site if I have a problem.
Cheers
Susan
pseudonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #3213
wohlibuli
Casting On

Hello,
I started to learn to knit as a child from my grandmother, but never took it anywhere until know. Both of my kids are in college and it seemed like a good thing to try again. With all the resources on the web I have learned so much in the last few weeks. I have a daughter at UGA and she requests lite airy things made of cotten and silk and I have a son at Ga. Southern who requests heavy Aran style stuff made of bizarre fibers like hemp and bamboo. The videos have been an enormous aid and I can't thank you enough.
wohlibuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:25 PM   #3214
Karylon Alford
Casting On

Hi everyone. I didn't know this site was here. I love to knit and have knitted for about 40 years. I love to try new patterns. Has anyone done any of the felting.
Karylon Alford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:14 PM   #3215
LadyB
1st Leg of the Journey

Hi and welcome to all the new members.
LadyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:06 AM   #3216
Liz 14
Casting On

I have recently been told about this site and have just registered. I have been knitting for a great number of years but even now I still find sometimes I get problems. I am sure there will be someone around here that will be able to help. I am looking forward to joining in and getting to know everyone
Liz 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:09 PM   #3217
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome
Old 09-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #3218
Grandy3
Casting On

Send a message via AIM to Grandy3 Send a message via MSN to Grandy3 Send a message via Yahoo to Grandy3
Grandy3
I got an email today from Knitting Help, and remembered why I hadn't posted again since April, 2007. #1 I kept running into "Amy" over and over, which appeared to be a dead end. Then when I managed to post one, I was told I couldn't post to anyone else again on the same day. That was the end of that! Grandy3
The two requirements above are unknown to me. I don't have a Doctorate in Computer yet, but I'm working on it! Am interested in learning to knit in the "Continental Manner", Left index finger was broken and is unfixable. That left me with no left tension finger. My Aunt Jean from Scotland, used to knit in that manner, but I had already learned the "American Manner" at 6 yrs. old from m my Grandmother. I am an avid knitter & crocheter and miss crocheting. I tried to access your video and it wouldn't play. Your Home site doesn't recognize that I already signed up, and keeps telling me my email &/or password is faulty, and I don't know why, so I am trying the reregister route. Please help!! GJK/Grandy3 @ gailjkennedy@earthlink.net
Grandy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 12:57 PM   #3219
karebear1
Casting On

Very new to knitting but not to yarn crafts
Hi everyone! A friend of mine sent me a link to this site as I am in the process of teaching myself to knit. I am a Mom of 4 and is one of the reasons that I am teaching myself to knit. I made my girls sweater sets (in crochet) for Christmas and found an awesome yarn to make a sweater for my son with. The only thing is it can't be crocheted (the yarn that is). So I have always wanted to learn how to knit so here I am. I am very excited to be here and can't wait to get to know you and learn!!
karebear1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #3220
patou
Casting On

hello to you and thank you for welcoming me.
there seems to be many nice people here and I'd be happy to chat and learn from you. patou
patou is offline   Reply With Quote