Old 09-23-2007, 01:39 PM   #3231
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Originally Posted by The.Knitter View Post
Great site. I will get a lot of use out of it I am sure. Thanks for spending your time to help people who knit and have questions. This is wonderful.

Hi, I am new to the community but not new to knitting. I have been knitting since I was 26. I have done sweaters, lace baby dresses, cable stitches, aaron knits, all kinds of knitting, but I am stumped. I have a pattern that calls for a stitch I don't know. The line reads K1, [k1, KB1, k1] all in next st., k1 - 5 sts. I have no idea what the KB1 is. Can anyone help?
It looks to me like they are asking you to knit through the back loop on that one. You will end up making three stitches from one. I'm going to copy your post to the Pattern Central forum under the title

"Help with KB1" Look there also for the answer.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #3232
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome to all of our new friends
Old 09-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #3233
hatlover67
Casting On

Hi glad to join the knitting forum
I consider myself a beginning knitter struggling to become an intermediate. I originally learned to knit when I was 7 or 8, did a few projects in my teens then stopped.

My Mom taught me to knit and she taught my then 8 year old, who kept asking me questions, so I took a refresher class with her and now I find I am somewhat obsessed with knitting. I seem to have a lot of questions, so I'm sure I'll post on the knitting help boards. I'm looking forward to learning from more experienced knitters. Thanks for such a great place to view videos, ask questions, see project that people are working on, etc.
hatlover67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:21 PM   #3234
Braden
Instepping Out

Welcome, all! I hope you enjoy it here! There are tons of very friendly people.

CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY AND SHELDON ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR DAUGHTER!

BradenCS on Ravelry
Braden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #3235
Cherami
Casting On

Hello
Hi,
I found this wonderful forum about a year ago when I decided to take up knitting after about 20 years of not touching my needles. And its been a wonderful inspiration to me ever since. Thank you very much for it. I made tons of hats, scarves and mittens,socks, and thanks to discovering it here, fiber trends clogs, and felted purses.
Now I am in the process of knitting log cabin blanket and I keep wondering what I am going to run out of first - yarn or my patience.
Cherami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #3236
tasha59
Casting On

hi everyone my name is tasha59 i m new and would like to say hello to you all
tasha59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:49 PM   #3237
marzydotes
Casting On

Great Find
I'm so glad I joined. I've been knitting for years, but usually things with very basic stitches. I've knitted several afghans, baby blankets, hat, scarves, mitten and baby booties. However, I still can't master the art of knitting socks. Working with 4 needles seems kind of scary to me but one of these days I have to overcome my fear and try it.
Your videos seem very helpful too. Thanks for this great site.
marzydotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #3238
Jeremy
Mod Squad

Welcome everyone
Old 09-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #3239
carsophia
Casting On

introducing....Carsophia
hi - thought i'd already posted my intro, but got another e-mail that i needed to introduce myself... [new to posting on blogs - sorry!]
Love this site - i learned to knit in Brazil - 18 years - as an exchange student ... a year or so ago a couple of years go while watching "Knit One, Purl Two" on HGTV, my daughter asked me if i knew how to knit & got me to pick up needles again (dug into my bag & pulled yarn & a project that was seriously old - and tried to knit again!) but, in Brazil they knit with the yarn drapped over the neck... much different than Continental or English styles let me tell you... Without the video help here on this site - i'd be a knitting zero today... but the other day i finished my 4th project - in english... via the Continental style - thank you - and mostly in part to this site. Now i'm teaching my daughter & she loves these videos! she's only 8! my husband chuckles at the two of us "old biddies" as he affectionately calls us on the sofa knitting & chatting! my daugher has several friends that want me to teach them! yikes - thanks to everyone! & knit on!
carsophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 03:12 AM   #3240
manu
Casting On

Hi! I'm very happy to join this community! I've learned to knit on circular cable needles watching the videos in the Advanced Tecniques section and I hope to learn new tecniques and tips to!
I'm italian so sorry for my english!
cheers
Manu
manu is offline   Reply With Quote